Mince?

skov

Reaction score
I've managed to accumulate several packets of slightly out of date minced beef and I'm wondering what to do with them.
I know chub can be partial to a bit of mince, but as it's the wrong time of year for them is it likely to be useful for any other species?

sam vimes

Reaction score
It may not be the best bait in the world for them, but I'd be surprised if carp wouldn't eat it. Carp will eat just about anything!

ken more

Reaction score
I've managed to accumulate several packets of slightly out of date minced beef and I'm wondering what to do with them.
I know chub can be partial to a bit of mince, but as it's the wrong time of year for them is it likely to be useful for any other species?

Eat it yourself with yorkshire puddings:confused:

trotter2

Reaction score
Put it in the freezer for winter chub fishing.

skov

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I'll just stick it in the freezer till winter.
Carp's not really my thing, and I don't think there's any barbel around my stretch of the Ouse.
I would have been happy to eat it, but the wife wasn't keen because it was 2 days past the expiry date. Looks fine to me :rolleyes:

Just a thought, would it be any good as ground bait for eels?

B

binka

Just a thought, would it be any good as ground bait for eels?

Possibly, if it still smelt ok.

I was lead down the path of believing that eels like all this out of date rotting and smelly stuff whereas the truth is the fresher the better :)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Two days past sell by date not an issue in my book....

If it is top quality beef mince then too good for fish IMO and best added to pork mince to form the basis of a Ragu sauce best eaten with spaghetti or similar. A few more ingredients like tinned toms and a decent cooking time will give just about the best sauce. (Google it)
Can be popped in the freezer in portion sized bags and excellent after a day on the bank in deepest winter!

If poor quality then only fit for fish (IMHO) or the bin!

nichalex

Reaction score
I've caught pike on frog lures and going to try a mice lure when the time is right. I'm not sure if you are into pike fishing, as I think mince could possibly work as bait for them. I'm not to sure though as I'm relatively new to pike fishing. Not sure how you would hook it as well