Mudlarker (Stuart)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know what's going on with Stuart, he was on my friends list but has now vanished and hasn't been posting....strange in'it :confused:.

john step

Reaction score
Anyone know what's going on with Stuart, he was on my friends list but has now vanished and hasn't been posting....strange in'it :confused:.

OK tigger, This is one of those things I see mentioned from time to time but have never known what it is all about.
What is the friends list all about. What does it do? Confused of Lincolnshire.:eek:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OK tigger, This is one of those things I see mentioned from time to time but have never known what it is all about.
What is the friends list all about. What does it do? Confused of Lincolnshire.:eek:

I never had a friends list for yonks John but one day I noticed someone had sent a friends request so I accepted thinking it meant they where gonn'a get me a new rod or reel but it turned out we where just friends LOL.
I think it's just a sign of mutual respect to people you get along with and who seem to have similar views etc. I think some people don't want a friends list, the miserable tusks....only jokin' ;) :D.

mikench

Reaction score
I noticed that and the fact that Stuart's avatar had gone too! I thought I had offended him and indeed may have inadvertently done so. You wouldn't have Ian so I am feeling a little better !:)

seth49

Reaction score
Same thing here, got and accepted a friend request from him and now it's gone, no idea why.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I also received a 'friends' request from him, but turned it down simply because as John Step says above, I just didn't understand what it was all about.
Incorrectly, I assumed it would lead to numerous PM's etc. etc. and probably requests to fish together (why would he travel from Kent just to fish with me?) which is not really for me, plus the fact that I'm a miserable, friendless soul, anyway!!

As with one or two others, he certainly came in with a bang with quite literally dozens of posts over the course of a given week and as an experienced angler with a seemingly wide knowledge of the sport, had much to offer.............

A great pity if he has left for some reason and I can only think he suffered FM burnout as he failed to pace himself??

Perhaps just an Easter break...............

ps TBH it did cross my mind he might be someone 'well famous' posting under a pseudonym (I had to check the spelling for that!). Sort of in the Jim Gibbinson mould - fat chance!!

Aplogies for moving sideways a little, and I don't usually ask about those that don't post anymore, but does anyone know what happened to Neil1970?? Once an avid poster with great contributions and much to offer IMHO.....

Last edited:
B

binka

I do hope that Stuart returns, he seems a nice fella.

I know that he was having tech problems of some sort at one point, I don't know if they've cropped up again but I'm kind of hoping that's all it is and that he will be back soon.

theartist

Reaction score
He certainly was enthusiastic - 800 posts in a few months although most of them involved quotes and 'Spot in I agree' :thumbs:

Wish I agreed with you lot as much :D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do hope that Stuart returns, he seems a nice fella.

I know that he was having tech problems of some sort at one point, I don't know if they've cropped up again but I'm kind of hoping that's all it is and that he will be back soon.

I spoke to Stuart on the blower a few weeks ago and as you say he's a really nice fella. Lets hope it is just tech problems and he gets them sorted asap :).

thecrow

Reaction score
I feel left out now as I never received a friends request from him :D, the fact that he is his wifes carer might have something to do with him not posting.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matt hasn't posted for a few days either:confused:

mikench

Reaction score
I think I know what's happened! The two have gone mudlarking and Stuart is so exhausted by all the questions fired at machine gun pace, he has had to go for a long lie down:rolleyes:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Don't panic I'm here just been busy but sadly not fishing but have joined another club and had a walk around lake at weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swizzle

Reaction score
I saw a Matt from the Swindon area hammering a Facebook group with questions yesterday. Can't be a coincidence. Perhaps he has moved on. Or maybe not as above. ??????

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I'm not gone well not yet anyway !

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aplogies for moving sideways a little, and I don't usually ask about those that don't post anymore, but does anyone know what happened to Neil1970?? Once an avid poster with great contributions and much to offer IMHO.....

I may well be wrong but I think he uses FB.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Not a great fan of it really only have a few friends less than 20 on there and rarely post on my page like these people tell you everything there doing . Now why would people want to do that !?

theartist

Reaction score
Could it be he's just gone on holiday? just a thought

Would be a weird one to come back after a few weeks away to have a ten page thread concerning your whereabouts as you haven't posted for a week. :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Could it be he's just gone on holiday? just a thought

Would be a weird one to come back after a few weeks away to have a ten page thread concerning your whereabouts as you haven't posted for a week. :)

I don't think so as he's vanished off peoples friends list.