Blanked

rains

Reaction score
Anyone else having the same problem been out now 6 times and each time not even a bite if i did not know better i would say the canal and lake where empty :mad:

mikench

Reaction score
I have had my share of blanks but not too recently! Mind you , you cannot blank if you don't go fishing:) I will join you this weekend!!:w

seth49

Reaction score
Setting off shortly, so far this year I've caught every trip, did struggle a week or so ago, hope for a few today, wish it would warm up a bit, only five degrees so far, and only going up to nine. Mainly shivers though only one carp so far. Still got to go to catch them.?

B

binka

I find that the sudden change in temperatures at this time of year can really knock the fish off, even though the temperatures are changing for the better.

The perch go missing altogether, being early spawners, and there's a tendency for me at least to start getting carried away in my expectations even though the water temperatures are still way behind.

It happened to me and a mate last Saturday and the Saturday a couple of weeks earlier which accounted for something like 54 rod hours without a single bite :eek:

It's all part of the bigger picture though, I know it will come good :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ironically since taking a sabbatical from perch hunting I'm not blanking, shouldn't have said that really.:eek:mg:

iain t

Reaction score
Blanked on Sunday. The fish were not interested in any bait. All 5 that were fishing on the pond blank too. Could see the Carp just under the surface within a rods distance. I put in done to the change in the weather and the insects on the water.

laguna

Reaction score
What a blanker! :D

Its good to blank as it focuses the mind, think of England and it will come good, keep a firm grip and the towel handy. :eek:mg:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
There are ways to avoid blanking. Sometimes the simplest changes to your rig/ bait/ feeding can make a difference. If you're ledgering/ feeder fishing try changing the length of your hooklink for instance. Change to a smaller hook and bait, feed less or sometimes up your feed or even feed nothing at all.
Float fishing, try different depths if no bites are coming on the bottom.
Changing your shotting can also make a difference, string it out, bulk it up whatever, it's no good to just keep chucking the same set up and hoping....
Kiss of death especially at this time of year is to keep piling in bait thinking it may help. It doesn't.

john step

Reaction score
I think the answer when things get tough this very changeable time of year is to do what I do and whimp out by going to easy venues.

I have even been know to break out the fluff chuckers gear and hook a rainbow or two. Now they are easy.

trotter2

Reaction score
Had me first blank last week don't worry about it , its still very early in the year.
When it warms the water up things will be different mate.:thumbs:

B

binka

Mr Perch has disappeared on me too :(

I reckon he will be back pretty soon given the weather we've had and their early spawning habits.

If you can find where they're grouped and time it for when they disperse you're in for a field day, I dropped on last year and can't remember whether it was 57 or 59 fish all over 2lb, up to 2lb 15ozs, over three sessions right under the rod tip and they were in mint condition.