Female anglers

mikench

Reaction score
During my short career as a fisherman( I use the term losely) I had never seen a female angler until yesterday. Remember the scene I described in my hdygo post yesterday well it had another enjoyable aspect.

At around 3.00 pm as we all sat shivering on the water and donning every available extra layer of clothing we had available, a small Citroen C1 pulled up driven by an attractive blonde women of around 40 and her husband/partner/boyfriend. Out of its tardis like interior they removed a large rucksack, two chairs and an enormous 6ft rod hold-all and made their way to the bank alongside the two comics I described. I could still hear their comments but all profanities had ceased.

The lady was dressed in a short sleeved blouse, blue jeans and black thigh waders. I had never thought of waders as alluring but in her case I will make an exception;) She looked stunning and showed of her considerable female attributes with little difficulty as she sauntered delightfully around the lake. I noticed that all the usual fishing activity of casting and retrieving had ceased:)I thought she would freeze to death and so did the comics. She set up her chair and planted her rod sticks in the ground about 20 ft apart( her partner adroitly repositioned them) ans sat down. She then donned a pullover and over the next half hour , a scarf, then a large anorak and finally a Russian type fur hat!:rolleyes: Naturally and in the manner of fishing clothing all signs of feminine form and beauty was now gone and she looked like your average bloke!

Her partner set her up with a feeder rod and he set up a waggler rod. He showed how to cast which she performed with some aplomb . They swapped rods and he helped her land a small fish when the float disappeared. She was naturally delighted and proceeded to jump up and down telling anyone who would listed that she had just caught her first fish! It was a very pleasing moment and demonstrated that our sport does no require bruteforce and ignorance!

I cannot remember all the quips from the comics but " what a waggler" I'd let her handle my rod" and " if the wife looked like that I'd take her fishin" give you a flavour of the comments which she must have heard.

Let us have more of the fairer sex I say:rolleyes:

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
Tried taking the missus on an overnighter during the height of summer on what for me was a warm night, bedchair set up for her me consigned to the chair she had my sleeping bag and still complained of being cold, says she would never do it again.

lambert1

Reaction score
To be brutally honest if a beautiful woman walked past whilst I was fishing or even set up in the next swim, I doubt I would notice:wh When I am in hunter gatherer mode that is all I am interested in. Having said that, I cannot see a crowd of beauties approaching a poor imitation of Jack Hargreaves anyway.:D

mikench

Reaction score
Cries of " .....just any sex!:rolleyes:" are echoed from the back of the room! ;):eek:mg:

You never let us down Greenie;)

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

To be brutally honest if a beautiful woman walked past whilst I was fishing or even set up in the next swim, I doubt I would notice:wh When I am in hunter gatherer mode that is all I am interested in. Having said that, I cannot see a crowd of beauties approaching a poor imitation of Jack Hargreaves anyway.:D

I am happy to say that I am still distracted and long may it stay that way! By my reckoning I will still be able to fish when all other interests have waned;)

lambert1

Reaction score
You never let us down Greenie;)

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

I am happy to say that I am still distracted and long may it stay that way! By my reckoning I will still be able to fish when all other interests have waned;)

I think I am there ahead of you!

peterjg

Reaction score
I have been married for 44 years later this year (I was a child groom) and my wife comes with me sometimes in the summer. She always catches more than me (not difficult) but I think it is down to pheromones - women have an unfair advantage. Several times over the years I have asked her if she would keep my boilies down her knickers but unfortunately she has adamantly refused. I don't see what the problem is .....

rayner

Reaction score
I see plenty of females on the bank, I am more comfortable if they are out of sight because of bladder issues.

lambert1

Reaction score
That is a very good point Rayner, those moments seem to come too quickly for us men of a certain age:D

seth49

Reaction score
That's the problem, I don't mind women fishing, it's just having to get out of sight, when you need a pee,

Mind you my dad used to say,"if she a lady she won't look,and if she isn't it doesn't matter"

robtherake

Reaction score
That's the problem, I don't mind women fishing, it's just having to get out of sight, when you need a pee,

Mind you my dad used to say,"if she a lady she won't look,and if she isn't it doesn't matter"

Imagine their difficulty, and a Shewee probably doesn't cut it.;)

I've always thought the dearth of female anglers is likely to have much more to do with the unsuitable toileting arrangements than a general lack of interest.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Anyone remember who the "lady" was who caught all those stunning Hants Avon fish including a record barbel over a very short summer period.

As reported in all fishing magazines.....and the Sun.

Many girlfriends are happy to put up with the adventures of fishing .

Until they have hooked their quarry.:D

Pete Shears

Reaction score
I remember fishing at Sywell when it was float only,fished nearly every Saturday morning right through that summer and was frequently distracted by female joggers - nearly got whiplash trying to keep pace with them,when I got home the missus wondered why I resembled a nodding dog.

B

binka

This is where the theory that women can multitask falls flat on it's face.

I've yet to see a woman angler who can hit a bite whilst reading her book... :w

Risky...

Verrry Risky...

:D

mikench

Reaction score
You are on very dangerous ground Steve! My wife reckons my fishing trips are a ruse of some kind and I am secretly meeting another woman! :) I wish and point out that fingers smelling of bream , stained yellow by potato punch / chick peas coated in coriander/ red colouring/ curry powder are hardly a turn on ! I f the fish are not interested I doubt a voluptuous beauty ( if they existed within 5 miles of a typical fishing venue) would be!;)

I take photos of my average fish to prove a point! I don't really but it keeps us both happy! Oh I do love fishing!:wh

john step

Reaction score
There is a husband and wife pair of anglers who fish one of my club waters.
The first thing hubby does upon arrival is erect a camping toilet tent complete with portable loo.

Philip

Reaction score
I have no problem with more female anglers. If they want to join in I recon good for them . My problem is more non fishing females. Fishing simply does not work with them for 2 reasons :

1) Your idea of a good fishing spot will never coincide with their idea of a good picnic or sunbathing spot

2) 1 hour is a long time for someone not fishing

flightliner

Reaction score
I was out today and was near a two person carp set up, a double bivvie, another for all the gear, generator and the like, and a pop up toilet tent for the lady.