I like to catch fish because...

laguna

Reaction score
I like to get up close and personal, to hold and to look at them and admire them. If fish walked around on land I'd give them a pat! :D

Much for the same reason I like to stroke someone's dog, or to spot little fury animals and birds while out and about. Last week I saw a male robin singing for a mate (red breast faded), a wren hopping all around the waters edge, and a door mouse licking at a discarded teabag.

I guess I just love nature and all that it offers.

steve2

Reaction score
Somebody once said there is more to fishing than catching fish. I think that just about sums it up.

nottskev

Reaction score
Because a line in the water plugs you into another world. Each trip starts as a puzzle and if you figure it out it's so satisfying. Putting your personal encyclopedia of knowledge and skills into action is like the best kind of work. But better. You get to go to great places and drink it all in. You can walk up to another angler (quietly) and 99% of the time be chatting amicably within a couple of minutes. Soon as you get home you're thinking of the next trip. You can set yourself your own challenges, at whatever level, and never be bored because nobody succeeds all the time. Could go on, but I've got stuff to get ready for fishing this afternoon.