sticky maggots

chrissh

Reaction score
Sticky maggots for summer months
I have been reading about sticky maggots and other baits theirs a few mansions about using Horlicks.
They are saying mixing Horlick to your ground bait or maggot is as good as the shop bought stuff, have you tried this and dose it work as well as the sticky maggot fix??

rayner

Reaction score
Horlicks is just as sticky as sticky mag, the only difference is it's half the price.
Just make sure your maggots are clean which ever you use.
I've never needed it with groundbait just a bit more water makes ground bait stickier.
If you need groundbait extra sticky use white crumb or a binder.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The biggest difference I experienced is that using Horlicks it tends to "go off" quicker than Sticky-mag.

I use Sticky-mag exclusively when needed and the trick is to not wet the maggots too much and make sure tht they are rally clean with no residual maize meal if possible.

I only make up a small tray at a time and wet them by spraying my hand with water and then rubbing the maggots in the tray, and then sprinkling the powder on top.

I wouldn't use either as an additive to my ground baits as there are far better binding agents, Collant PV1 for example.

chrissh

Reaction score
thanks for the reply`s
I have used the sticky mag fix before... and was wondering after reading about horlick if it was a better option.