cheap tins corn

caelan

Reaction score
HI tanglers if you have b m store near were you live you can get 3 large tins of sweetcorn for 69P get down there an fill yer boots all tins have a black label packed by the good food company

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, is this a special offer or their regular price?

seth49

Reaction score
There tins of bacon grill at 99 pence each, aren't bad either.

trotter2

Reaction score
The one near me sells polony which is hard to get these days .:thumbs:

rayner

Reaction score
I've done my share of trying to save a few pence, I now get all my tinned baits from the tackle shop.
Dynamite and Bait Tech do excellent baits.

theartist

Reaction score
Some good cheap corn prices there, blitz it in a liquidizer and it sinks slower, skins on the hook great for Rudd Tench and cagey Carp.

mikench

Reaction score
Rob do you ball in the slop like GB or add it GB/pellets?

It was the word "tench" that caught my attention!:)

caelan

Reaction score
the price was for 3x tins I have also brought tins of spam hot an spicy not seen them before going on the river severn in aug will give them a try for barbel

ken more

Reaction score
I really like sweet corn. Cheap stuff from all the usual place's are okay with me as i can't really tell the difference:eek: I also like Polony, a few tattie's and sweet corn my scran is sorted:w:)

theartist

Reaction score
Rob do you ball in the slop like GB or add it GB/pellets?

It was the word "tench" that caught my attention!:)

Whilst not a Tench expert by any means i've found that starting by feeding sloppy corn over a bed of micros then moving to pellet after has worked well. Once caught 44 in a day, nothing big but it was a fantastic morning's fishing. Making a groundbait with crushed pellet (via a coffee grinder) added to the liquidized corn worked well but wass a messy affair hence the micro pellets instead. I only feed small pinches of mashed corn. I tend to switch to a hard banded pellet after small stuff like rudd move in or bright sun appears. There's something about bright sun and clear water that makes sweetcorn less viable. I only fish close in so it's all fed by hand. Squeeze out the middle of the corn so that the skin is left then hook one or two skins and fish on the drop. If it's cloudy the tench will come up with the crucians and good carp will take if cruising by.

The main thing is to create a trickle of feed like you were fishing maggot in winter little and often, small rudd can be a nuisance though in which case get it down on the deck early but I like to keep the feed going in

Philip

Reaction score
Obviously less convenient than a tin but if you plan to use it straight away then the frozen bags can sometimes work out even cheaper.

Sweet corn has to be one of the all time classic baits. Show me a non predatory fish that wont take it. Totally instant too. Plus its probably accounted for more record fish than any other bait including two different British record Carp.