Boilies!!!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a dedicated carp angler and don't suppose I ever will be, however, when you fish a venue with nice sized carp present it would be rude not to persue them now and again.

I will try my hand with some boilies, but what do I choose? the range is so immense:confused: what's the most important factor? Diameter, flavour, colour?

For those that have used these marble shaped mythical baits I ask a question, if you could use only ONE boilie, which one would it be?

Before anybody asks, the obvious answer is to find out what the locals use, in this case it's hard to find a local who I can ask!

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
I would have said Richworth tutti frutti but they closed down. Try a packet of shelf life Trigga from Nutrabaits or Shellfish B5 from Essential Baits. Alternatively, buy a pack of the base mix and make paste. If you want harder paste to last longer add some powdered egg whites available from supermarkets in the baking section (meringue mix).

Keith M

Reaction score
If you can't ask around on the bank then why not ask at your local tackleshop which boilies he sells the most of to the anglers who fish at your intended water and which boilies he would use himself if he fished there.

Or just try one of the old favourites like 'Source' or 'Active-8' or try 'Pinapple' or 'Strawberry' or 'Monster Crab' flavoured boilies

To be honest as long as the bait is palatable then presentation is probably more important than the baits flavour :)

Or ask Laguna what baits he recommends from his range.

Keith

flightliner

Reaction score
Hutchies original seafood for me but sadly I dont think it's made anymore so i'll settle for trigger ice from nutrabaits

john step

Reaction score
Anything by Dynamite. Or, any mainstream brand. There is no magic boilie.
If the carp are wary try a boilie cut in half and mounted on a hair back to back.

If they are in close range bread takes some beating:wh

swizzle

Reaction score
I would have said Richworth tutti frutti but they closed down. Try a packet of shelf life Trigga from Nutrabaits or Shellfish B5 from Essential Baits. Alternatively, buy a pack of the base mix and make paste. If you want harder paste to last longer add some powdered egg whites available from supermarkets in the baking section (meringue mix).

Richworth have closed?

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
A good couple of months ago at least. They had a sale,people were buying tens of kg of bait for the freezer at half price. All gone now though. The end of an era.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Nash squid and scopex red liver plus.

They stopped producing them about 3 years ago, I still have a few bags left which are fine, even in shelf life these are fantastic gems.

The range is slowly being re-introduced again now, but as of yet they have not released the boilies with added robin red, but they will.