Arctic blast...grrrr!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The forecasts have been accurate for a change and it's unfavourable too fishing wise. It's been mild and sunny here in the SE for the past week with the weekend warm and sunny, tonight however it's turned bitterly cold and totally ruined my plans for tomorrow...
******!

thecrow

Reaction score
Felt warm in our living room today, I discovered why when I walked passed the heating thermostat, why do women always feel cold? :confused:

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Just said on the snooker that its snowing in Sheffield.

theartist

Reaction score
The showers they forecast for yesterday really came down, I drove through one and it lasted almost 30 secs, seriously it was that long! it was really light though, although everyone did run around like lunatics screaming at the sky as it's been so long. I'm guessing this forecast of an icy blast will be just a slightly fresh breeze, out of which you can have a really nice day in the sun.

mikench

Reaction score
Felt warm in our living room today, I discovered why when I walked passed the heating thermostat, why do women always feel cold? :confused:

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Just said on the snooker that its snowing in Sheffield.

I have never fathomed that out. I regularly leave the house or prepare bait and tackle in the garage just to get out of the heat. Short of disabling the boiler i see no solution!:rolleyes:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Neither Mike or the Crow would survive in my house then as I have the thermostat turned up high when the mercury plummets.

This current cooler air is making it pretty cold but no snow down here unlike at Sheffield where the presented said it a snowing last nigh . . . . ?

A friend of mine who lives about 55kms from Oslo posted picture yesterday of his patio covered in snow . . . . . as it snowed for most of the weekend there.

seth49

Reaction score
Minus two in the garden this morning,bright and sunny at the moment, wintery showers forecast for this afternoon , cold northerly wind blowing, think I will be changing line on my reels today?

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I had to go out and buy another greenhouse heater yesterday, it went down to Zero in the night, but I cranked up the heaters and saved the tender seeding's and the tomatoes with fruit on- completely mad to have these temperatures when its nearly May !!

Bob

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Great. It'll slow down the silvers and stop them pinching the perch bait.

And if you have calor gas heating, like us in the sticks, the care home fee savings for the future take a serious dive...

seth49

Reaction score
Funnily enough, it's me that turns the heating up in our house, I don't mind the cold too much outside, I spent nearly all my working life outdoors.
But when I'm at home I like to be warm.?

robtherake

Reaction score
Came back from a shopping trip yesterday and the wind blew my glasses off and halfway down the front garden. The front's north-facing, so it's horribly cold.

iain t

Reaction score
Nice and warm with a slight wind yesterday. No rain as forecasted. Thunder and lightning forecasted for to day but bright and 14c so far. Been in shorts since the middle of March.

B

binka

It's been a really pleasant day here albeit icy to start with, right up until late afternoon when we began getting hail and snow showers, some of which have been quite heavy and they've been sweeping over all evening.

I was looking back at some garden pictures the other day, from last year, and there was a covering of snow on the 29th April.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I have never fathomed that out. I regularly leave the house or prepare bait and tackle in the garage just to get out of the heat. Short of disabling the boiler i see no solution!:rolleyes:

Old Fashioned mechanical thermostat with a limit pin hidden under the dial i know it works have had to do it to the stat at the shop to stop the fluf puller :wh upstairs turning the place into a dang Sauna .

PG ...

stripey

Reaction score
Since their logic circuits are completely binka'd I can only imagine their thermal circuits are also cattled.

You lucky people, my other half is is completly the opposite, all the windows open throughout the house in the deepest winter,bedroom is like an icebox, i close them all and 10 minutes later their open again, its a nightmare!!!