Bell ball cutter

chrissh

Reaction score
Got you thinking

Came across the bell ball cutter when out with the wife shopping at the weekend and decided buy one it cuts lunchtion meat into 12mm balls … they come in different sizes (I went for the 12mm)

link to video
https://vimeo.com/108555985

cutter.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:

iain t

Reaction score
Mellon baller does the same and a lot cheaper from the pound shop. But you end up with smaller balls

Windy

Reaction score
£9.95 for a single 12mm one would probably meet 99% of my ball on the bank needs.

Would hardly want to be lugging around the weight and size of the presentation wooden box etc. on the riverbank.

Nice simple and effective concept. If it hasn't been copyrighted I anticipate a small flood of cheap chinese copies at £2.50 in six months time. Even if copyrighted come to think of it :cool:

Keith M

Reaction score
Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People keep coming up with these ideas to hook anglers...ground bait the internet with videos first, then the anglers will come and give their hard earned for these pointless devises :rolleyes:.
After a while they'll come up with a device that cuts triangular baits claiming the fish are wise to the circular shaped baits :eek:mg:.

I can cut whatever shape I want with one tool...a knife :cool:.

robtherake

Reaction score
A nice Idea but at £130 for a complete set you can stick them where the sun don't shine :)

I'd rather carry on using simple Seymo lunch punches (see link) to punch out cylinders of meat; you can buy them in different sizes for less than a fiver each.

Genuine 'SEYMO LUNCH PUNCH' All sizes. bread meat cheese carp / coarse fishing

Or the Guro punch sets (see below) at under a tenner for a set of four.

Guru NEW Coarse Carp Fishing Bait Punch Set For Meat / Bread *GPS* | eBay

Keith

Boyes stores do a decent enough punch set for just a few quid, from about 8mm up to 12mm, IIRC. Nowt flash, but they do just the same job as the branded ones.:thumbs:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Can't help wondering if it would work on (very) stiff groundbait or a pressed mass of soaked pellets...
There would then be a "need" for some sort of support to hold the ball together while piercing/ threading it.
For some obscure reason, I see it in a black and orange livery.

rayner

Reaction score
You would get a ball of meat using a melon baller. Even a knife would get a near enough ball, I doubt many fish would know the difference.

steve2

Reaction score
The fish might not know the difference round or square but I am sure the tackle tart anglers will be biting.