Another one from the ebay clown...

thecrow

Reaction score
I was really disappointed to read that the listing for the hardy float rod had been removed as I had made an offer of £1.50 obviously the seller didn't have time to reply I think I will make an offer on this reel but only £1.00 this time just to see what happens :D

On making my offer I noticed that there are 2 available hard to resist at that price :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
Look closely at the listing and you'll see that the seller Is located in China. There's been a spate of Chinese sellers offering pricey fishing gear for seemingly low prices.

B

binka

Spill the beans Ian, what's the problem?

We think it might just be a tad dodgy Simon, he's got no feedback and offering goods that retail for hundreds of pounds, shipped free from China, for little over twenty quid.

This was their previous offering which was removed...

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/bait-box/360959-anyone-feeling-lucky.html

If the ad doesn't come up it was for a brand new, original Hardy Marksman float rod in original tube and cloth bag for something like twenty three quid with free shipping, from China.

Wilko

Reaction score
:-D
A Purist II for 22 quid, free postage and open to offers! If you're on a con then at least make it remotely believable!

....and is the 2041 meant to be the date of manufacture?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The numbers the model number...2040 had no line guard and the 2041 had a removable bickerdyke guard...I think ;).

The one in the picture looks like someones been playing football with it on a tarmac car park!

B

binka

The item location of 长春市, 吉林省 translates to Changchun City, Jilin Province.

I don't know why that's relevant :eek:mg:

Very sporting of 'em to offer the free shipping though :)

john step

Reaction score
Surely PayPal would get onto them pretty swiftly as they have refund guarantees.

The only way this con could work would be if someone was daft enough to pay by credit or debit card??

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
:-D
A Purist II for 22 quid, free postage and open to offers! If you're on a con then at least make it remotely believable!

Can't be the case. Skynet becomes self aware in 2029. Cue Arnie....:)

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Aaaaahhh muuuuuch !! £22 for a rod , someone's 'avin a laff !.:D

Expensive by Dragon Carp standards.....:)

iain t

Reaction score
Does seem a bit sus especially with no feedback. But you can alway get your money back via Paypal. May buy something cheap off him to see if it does turn up. You never know

B

binka

I see that this listing has now been removed too, any guesses on what will be next in the bargain bonanza?

How about a set of three Kingpins for a tenner, or a Hardy Zane if you can stretch to a couple of quid more? :rolleyes:

steve2

Reaction score
Wonder how many would have bid on these if the price range had been starting at around what they should be.