Korum -- nil pois !

flightliner

Reaction score
Hate posting this but after finding fault with my korum digital scales a couple of months ago I took them back to my tackle shop who checked them and concurred with me that they needed to be looked at by korum.
After several weeks with no feedback I rang to find if any progress had been made, sadly none but was asked to give it a few more weeks.
I rang a few days ago to be told by my tackle dealer that he still had to hear anything from korum and said he would give me credit to the amount spent, he's a good dealer and any customer is also good, neither deserve such poor service!.:(

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
No peas or no points i agree that that level of service is not good and contrasts very unfavourably to the service I received from Kodex over my chair.

It sounds like you have a good tackle dealer there!

thecrow

Reaction score
Iirc they were the new type with the "hold" facility mick? I have the same scales and was wondering what the fault was.

I am glad the dealer has sort of refunded you but it was him that should have sorted it in the first place as you dealt with him and not the manufacturer, it was for him to deal with them.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hate posting this but after finding fault with my korum digital scales a couple of months ago I took them back to my tackle shop who checked them and concurred with me that they needed to be looked at by korum.
After several weeks with no feedback I rang to find if any progress had been made, sadly none but was asked to give it a few more weeks.
I rang a few days ago to be told by my tackle dealer that he still had to hear anything from korum and said he would give me credit to the amount spent, he's a good dealer and any customer is also good, neither deserve such poor service!.:(

Why did he offer you credit and not a refund? If your happy with credit that's fine but you should have the choice.

barbelboi

Reaction score
A very valid point by Graham (crow) and Colin (CG) and Ian (sensor). So many seem to fail to realise that their contract is with the seller - if the seller then wishes to compensate themself through the manufacturer that's up to them.

flightliner

Reaction score
Guys, I fully get what you're saying but I,m ok with the goods to the value of offer as I need two sets of scales-- one for my ruckie when I have my big fish head on and another for my matchbox when out chasing silvers.
The dealer has plenty of others for sale so there wont be a problem.
Graham, one thing to beware of is to be carefull putting the korums back in the neoprene case. I once inadvertantly put pressure on the "on " button when putting them away one day on the trent and found the battery was flat the next time out, I always carry a spare so fortunately I was ok but its worth noting.

seth49

Reaction score
My korum scales switch off automatically after a minute or two, never had them stop on.never had a problem with them so far,and I check them every month or so.?

B

binka

Batteries?

Pah!

413336812.jpg

Old, accurate and reliable :)

B

binka

What make is it?
How high does it weigh?
Ta.

That set is Hardy stamped John, I'm sure they are made by Salter though... They weigh up to 22lb in 4oz increments.

I also have a Salter stamped scale which is otherwise identical and that one weighs up to 7lb in 1oz increments and is the one I use the most for me perch.

The first thing I did with both was take them to a local tackle shop and we checked them against the certified, digital counter scales using different size bobbins of copper wire and subject to a bit of zeroing with the dial at the top they both weigh bang on :)

flightliner

Reaction score
Steve, I have two pair of tubular salters . One goes to four lb, the others up to sixty lb. They are heavy the biggies and to be honest I dont expect to be using the last ten lbs of divisions much these days so tend to leave them at home;)

B

binka

Steve, I have two pair of tubular salters . One goes to four lb, the others up to sixty lb. They are heavy the biggies and to be honest I dont expect to be using the last ten lbs of divisions much these days so tend to leave them at home;)

Wheel kit? :)

I must admit they are heavy by comparison to digitals but they don't cause me a problem in their own right.

I remember you telling me the oak float boxes would be heavy and thinking they wouldn't be that much different by comparison.

Oh boy are they heavy! :eek:mg:

flightliner

Reaction score
It could have been worse, keruing is the most godawful timber, so tough and difficult to work with. One splinter in a finger and it goes septic in minutes.
My float sections are jellatonque, most commonly known as the malayen rubber tree, its easy when working it to come across little open pockets with bits of pure dried latex in them .

flightliner

Reaction score
Almost forgot to mention it Steve but oak is very susceptable to attack from death watch beetle , nasty little beggers.
when I used to take construction students on the rooftop tour of lincoln cathedral it was possible to hear them tapping away inside the odd oak rafter so do take precautions and listen for them on the odd occasion.
Best fumigate the garage to be on the safe side too.

B

binka

Best fumigate the garage to be on the safe side too.

That's kicked any hopes of a good night's sleep into touch :eek:

I'll be having nightmares about carbon mites, net gnats, brass beetle, wicker worm, the lot :D

thecrow

Reaction score
Does the spring in a spring balance weaken over time with constant stretching and contracting? if it does would the time for this to happen vary depending on the quality of the spring?

B

binka

Does the spring in a spring balance weaken over time with constant stretching and contracting? if it does would the time for this to happen vary depending on the quality of the spring?

Not sure mate, it's a good question though and I've occasionally wondered.

I guess if the spring is kept within a comfortable load range, up to the maximum weight of the scale, which still allows some pull afterwards if it was removed from the tube which otherwise bottoms the pull so that it's not overly stressed during normal use, then it should be fine.

I'm thinking that oiling it would have no effect at all, I have oiled mine just to stop the squeak when they're pulling and tests before and after revealed no difference to the weight readings.

I guess the spring could weaken or open up a bit subject to industrial frequency use but I don't think i'll live to see they day when they do on mine and there is a zero adjuster at the top in case any 'play' does creep in.

They are very robust looking springs but I do regularly check mine just to be sure.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score

Not a problem I can see my scales ever encountering, they'd need to get used significantly more! :)