Preston Innovations substandard products

chrissh

Reaction score
A few week ago I posted about the C1 4” hook length pellet band. The band braking after 1 or 2 uses which I sent an email to Preston’s but never got a reply back from them

The next problem is with their Snaplok Accessories only had the accessory arm 3 weeks and the bracket that fits the chair or box leg has cracked along the corner edge, the thickness on the corner which has broken is only 1mm

again i have sent a picture of the broken part to prestons and had no reply again

Are other having problems with Preston Innovations Products?

rsz_img_0076.jpg

View image in gallery

john step

Reaction score
Chriss , its the dealer that should replace/refund. If it hits their pocket they may have more impact on Preston by not stocking their gear and bending the ear of the rep.

B

binka

I had a problem with a Korum umbrella continually collapsing on me, Korum being a part of Preston Innovations.

I found out it was a common problem and needed a replacement collar.

In fairness the bloke I spoke to at Preston Innovations' customer service was great, he sent not one but two replacement collars out which were with me in no time at all and it fixed the problem.

In cases like that I can only applaud their response but it does raise questions about initial quality control in the first place and when you don't receive replies to emails, as you say you haven't, then it doesn't look good at all.

I would try giving them a call and also airing your frustration about not getting an email response.

chrissh

Reaction score
Chriss , its the dealer that should replace/refund. If it hits their pocket they may have more impact on Preston by not stocking their gear and bending the ear of the rep.

Hi John …
The problem with the tackle shop is I bought it when I was down at my daughters in Essex at Easter… it’s a long way to take it back
Found the contact number for prstons & kourm I’ll ring them on Monday

Thank for your help

mikench

Reaction score
I have had similar problems Chrissh. The bracket on the quick release landing net adaptor cracked on me! Mind you I had just tried to land a 24.5lb common:wh I emailed Korum about it and await their response.

I stopped buying the Preston bait band hooks to nylon as the bands were rubbish and split/ broke after one or two expansions.

I am aware that it is the tackle shop with whom one has contractual relations from a sale of goods act perspective! However it is the manufacturers who should be held to account . It isn't about the money more the poor quality of the product !

Looking at your photo that is exactly what happened to the adaptor!

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
The bracket on the quick release landing net adaptor cracked on me!

The only useful thing I can add to this thread is that people may not realise that Korum have already changed the design of the Quick Release adaptors once since their launch a year or so ago.

I know this because I bought one to use on landing nets and thinking it was a good idea bought a few more as I have several nets. Only then did I find out that the original one had a much larger square insert block. The newer later ones are much smaller (and I reckon much stronger).

Having spoken a while back with a Korum rep whilst he was visiting my local tackle shop I vented my frustration at Korums muddled product lines, non-compatibility and some p1ss poor design that ruins otherwise good products.

He admitted that they were in a bit of a mess with things but had recently appointed (I think) Adam Firth as the new brand manager. I'm not sure how his experience as a photographer and prior work in the Angling media will help in this role but who knows.

Personally I like Korum kit and have a fair bit of it. I am however frustrated that they seem to struggle to keep things consistent and are a bit shoddy on quality control.

mikench

Reaction score
The one I have which cracked has the large square block! A known issue it would appear!

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
Just for clarification, the newer smaller one is approx 12.5mm square at the end furthest from the threaded socket.

I can't tell you the size of the larger one as it's packed up with my gear ready for tomorrow. (I hope it doesn't break when I land my 7lb Tench!!)

mikench

Reaction score
The one I have (1 year old) is about 12mm square into which the square nub attached to the net is enclosed. Good luck with the tench:)

rayner

Reaction score
It's true that the shop you purchased the item from should sort any problem.
If they don't they risk losing your custom for a few quid. Make them aware of their obligation.
In your case I would ring the shop then post the item to your Daughter to get a refund.
Preston used to be good not so much now.

robtherake

Reaction score
Korum's customer relations department seems to be run by "computer says no" types. The company I used to work for bent over backwards (and probably forwards, in some cases) to keep customers sweet - it's vital to give good customer service or buyers go elsewhere and then tell everyone they meet that you're pants.

Sadly, I think the replacement Q/C gadget I have is also of the older design, but the guy I bought it from is a good egg and he's sure to replace it. Unfortunately it isn't one of my usual ports of call, being an on-site tackle shop, so it'll have to wait until next time we visit in the camper. Shame the manufacturer isn't as enlightened, though. Such is life.:rolleyes:

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
My experience with Korum was a bit different I guess. I had an issue with the strap on my ruck-bag (my fault - it frayed carrying it on one shoulder constantly when pretty full). An e-mail enquiry about possible replacements resulted on 2 full strap sets being sent next post (also with a load of DVDs / booklets). Pretty fair really.

mikench

Reaction score
Very fair I would say! I have no complaints about Korum/Preston merely sharing the same problem as Chrissh! I will report further when I receive their response. It maybe that the landing net adaptor has some weight limitations which I am unaware of but the large common was as unexpected as winning the lottery! I have not achieved the latter by the way;)

Richox12

Reaction score
Hi John …
The problem with the tackle shop is I bought it when I was down at my daughters in Essex at Easter… it’s a long way to take it back
Found the contact number for prstons & kourm I’ll ring them on Monday

Thank for your help

But it's not Preston's responsibility. It's the shops.

rayner

Reaction score
Problems are sorted easily with payments made on credit cards. If you get no joy from the manufacturer or the retailer a call to your bank will sort any problem for you.
All purchases should be made by card.

chrissh

Reaction score
Called Preston’s today, told them about the problems with the hooks and attachment arm
They admitted there was a problem with the pellet bands and the new ones have a better band on them
They are sending me 2 new arms and 6 packs of each hook size 18-16-14
Well-done Preston