I'm on the beg.

wa1115

Reaction score
So after a bit of consideration I decided to buy a boat to hopefully try and get my 14 year old son involved in a bit of lure fishing. Only problem is that its a bit plain,
IMG_af4hk2_zpsfbur13vh.jpg

so I was wondering if any of you would have some fishing related stickers kicking around doing nothing that I could use to jazz it up a bit please? As someone has said to me already ' you can afford to buy a boat but not stickers?' Well yes this is true! So if you can help it would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Chris.

wa1115

Reaction score
I can't help directly, but surely a few emails to the relevant tackle firms will bear fruit?

Thanks Rob, I have tried that but no response from any of them, that's why resorted to a bit of a beg on here ?

chrissh

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice… I put some stickers on my boat some years ago before I sold it the stickers faded
When I removed them it left a shadow were the sticker had been not even T-cut would remove the discolour (sticker get scratch or come off and fade) don’t do it

most of the sticker tackle shops give away are paper covered with a thin clear film or with the glue on the face of the sticker for windows

if you want to put sticker on your boat get a proper boat decal that wont fade or shrink

wa1115

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice… I put some stickers on my boat some years ago before I sold it the stickers faded
When I removed them it left a shadow were the sticker had been not even T-cut would remove the discolour (sticker get scratch or come off and fade) don’t do it

most of the sticker tackle shops give away are paper covered with a thin clear film or with the glue on the face of the sticker for windows

if you want to put sticker on your boat get a proper boat decal that wont fade or shrink

Ah I never thought of that, thanks for the words of advice ?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
So after a bit of consideration I decided to buy a boat to hopefully try and get my 14 year old son involved in a bit of lure fishing. Only problem is that its a bit plain,
IMG_af4hk2_zpsfbur13vh.jpg

so I was wondering if any of you would have some fishing related stickers kicking around doing nothing that I could use to jazz it up a bit please? As someone has said to me already ' you can afford to buy a boat but not stickers?' Well yes this is true! So if you can help it would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Chris.

To try to get your 14 yr old son in the boat try to jazz it up with an Xbox and get yourself a beer fridge whilst you are jazzing it up

laguna

Reaction score
Chris we have some logo stickers left over from a couple of years ago made specifically for boat hulls. Actually they were for Des Taylors canoes when he did guest days on the river Severn in Bewdley but he's since got rid.

We only have a couple but your welcome to them in exchange for your address, Ill include a couple of our wobble stiks for the preds if you want. Cheers

wa1115

Reaction score
Chris we have some logo stickers left over from a couple of years ago made specifically for boat hulls. Actually they were for Des Taylors canoes when he did guest days on the river Severn in Bewdley but he's since got rid.

We only have a couple but your welcome to them in exchange for your address, Ill include a couple of our wobble stiks for the preds if you want. Cheers

Thanks that is absolutely fantastic! :) Really appreciate it. I have sent you a pm.
We can't wait to get out on it.

B

binka

I emailed most of the 'big' companies and either got no reply or just a 'we don't do 'stickers'

I find it all a bit odd, there certainly seems to have been a sea change in the way companies see things nowadays.

I remember a time when stickers on fibreglass seat boxes were common place and a good bit of free advertising & PR, along with anglers sporting waistcoats covered with sew on badges for Leeda, Daiwa, Shakespeare etc; many of which would find their way into the angling press holding a catch.

Maybe it's just not modern enough for today's marketing gurus? :rolleyes:

No doubt some bright spark will raise the idea as if they were reinventing the wheel and probably get a promotion off the back of it, that's once the bright shell suits with the six inch lettering down the sleeves and legs have run out.

Last edited:

wa1115

Reaction score
You are correct Binka, I would have thought they would have been all over it, like you say a bit of free promotion never hurt anyone. Although I have arrived home from work today to a tube from Ecogear / Marukyu containing some massive stickers some smaller ones and a couple of keyrings. ??????

wa1115

Reaction score

Thanks Laguna!! The decals you sent me arrived today they will look great, and the wobble stiks will be getting a test as soon as the river opens ?
Brilliant thanks for your generosity ??