mkaa

caelan

Reaction score
hi tanglers
having just joined up to fish mkaa waters looking forward to new lakes an canals/rivers this coming season cant get out till late may work commitments
are holding me back

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Caelan,
I would have thought you would have joined Verulum AC; as you live in Hatfield with Verulum waters containing good fish all around you; but I hope you enjoy the Milton Keynes waters anyway they have some really nice venues, and Im looking forward to reading your reports.

Tight lines

Keith

caelan

Reaction score
cheers keith I have been a member of verulum an potters bar also barnet just like to move around after a while may go back in a bit an rejoin tight lines to you

Reaction score
I'm going to join MKaa again after many years absence,hopefully it will work out ok and i'll net a few.I'm looking forward to bream fishing at Furzton Lake,amongst other things.

caelan

Reaction score
WHITTY
same here mate going after them bream as well need to up my PB its still on the 10lb mark from the thames so will be going for it

Reaction score
Been for a walk round it today,after i'd trudged round MK bowl car boot with the family(how I hate boot sales:)),anyway,I went round the lake,fishing on there were at least dozen carpers in bivvies(saw one 12-15lbs caught),four feeder anglers fishing that had caught several skimmers/bream up to 2.5lbs.As an aside the last two anglers carping on the pub end of the lake were EU and had no landing net(not best pleased)and when we'd walked all the way up the non-angling bank(several carp in the margins there:D)and over the bridge we reached the first carp angler who had just packed and was walking ahead of us with half his kit to the car park,when we got into the car this guy was walking back towards the lake with a large bag of rubbish,I was stunned,the bin he was heading for was overflowing,with bags of muck everywhere,so I shouted after him to take it home and he just shrugged and dumped it anyway,filthy g*t,you take it in your car full,then can't be bothered to take it home empty,ridiculous...:confused:

nicky46

Reaction score
I live about 200m from Furzton lake,the fishing is really good but recently there is a big problem with litter and carpers using the bushes as toilets. Mkaa have been warned that the parks trust are getting fed up with the situation. My favorite lakes on the mkaa book are teardrops lakes.

Reaction score
Furzton Lake is typical of a town lake,the councils don't supply toilet facilities for walkers,let alone session anglers,as I see it anglers cannot be expected to lug portable camping toilets along with their other gear and as we all know even a day angler get taken short occasionally,it will come to a decision whether angling access is a needed option on the lake,probably not,perhaps a ban for night fishing being the first step,leaving the more undesirables to just go anyway and leave more rubbish.