Following on from my sweetcorn thread - Corn slop

fishplate42

Reaction score
I read something in a magazine a while ago about making corn custard and had a go. You can see how I got on HERE.

20718500594_6d4af12416_c.jpg

In my sweetcorn thread the use of sweetcorn and delivery method was mentioned a couple of time. Rather than the subject getting lost in the original thread I have started this one as I would like to know a bit more about how to mix it, what with and how to use it.

Please let us (me!) know how you use corn as a slop. I have only ever cupped it in the margins, and I tried using it in a Sodafloat a few weeks ago but I think it was a bit thick.

Thanks!
Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just made up some for an early start tomorrow. Two cans of regular sweet corn, one can of chick peas, half a loaf of mashed bread, a cup of crushed hemp, can of condensed milk, I then added half a tin of red strawberry flavoured corn and then liquidised the lot ending up with a nice sloppy pink blancmange, is it any good? Will let you know tomorrow.

fishplate42

Reaction score
Just made up some for an early start tomorrow. Two cans of regular sweet corn, one can of chick peas, half a loaf of mashed bread, a cup of crushed hemp, can of condensed milk, I then added half a tin of red strawberry flavoured corn and then liquidised the lot ending up with a nice sloppy pink blancmange, is it any good? Will let you know tomorrow.

As I know you are not a pole man, how are you feeding it? Sodafloat? ...Strawberry flavoured corn, (yuck!) what's that?

Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As I know you are not a pole man, how are you feeding it? Sodafloat? ...Strawberry flavoured corn, (yuck!) what's that?

Ralph.

You're right Ralph not a pole angler as such but have had a dabble with a really cheap 8m pole bought from Go Outdoors (£11 in a sale I think), it has however become very useful with the addition of a cup for shipping out bait accurately a couple of rod lengths.

Strawberry sweet corn? You missed that one in your supermarket sweep.?

73DC2C4A-FE75-4116-B170-F4AC766D4F72_zpsemkwwqkw.jpg

I'm told you can bag up the tench with this stuff on my local lake, I'd like to prove it true, maybe tomorrow.

mikench

Reaction score
You're right Ralph not a pole angler as such but have had a dabble with a really cheap 8m pole bought from Go Outdoors (£11 in a sale I think), it has however become very useful with the addition of a cup for shipping out bait accurately a couple of rod lengths.

Strawberry sweet corn? You missed that one in your supermarket sweep.?

73DC2C4A-FE75-4116-B170-F4AC766D4F72_zpsemkwwqkw.jpg

I'm told you can bag up the tench with this stuff on my local lake, I'd like to prove it true, maybe tomorrow.

I hope you do! Mind you Kent is a long way to go even for tench:rolleyes:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Prompted by Ralph's thread I had an early morning raid on my local lake armed with corn and slop. The full story is on the one and only HDYGO thread.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You'll have to show me how to create these links Raplh (for IPad).

B

binka

I occasionally make a slop from liquidised sweetcorn and bread.

In the early days the stuff was a nightmare, resembling a consistency of wallpaper paste with a sticking power to match but I soon learned that making it with stale (often months old) bread resulted in something far more practical to use and it can mixed to a consistency which will allow it to be chucked a fair distance if necessary.

The stale bread removes the stickiness, roach and bream love it.

fishplate42

Reaction score
You'll have to show me how to create these links Ralph (for IPad).

Okay, s63 and any other interested parties, here is 'How to' post a link to a particular post. This link will display the post in isolation of the thread.

The post you asked the question on is post number 10 (#10) in thread. That number is shown at the top right of the post denoted by a hash tag (#) - See screen shot below. The '10' is underlined, which in this case means it is a link. If you click on it, only that post will be displayed.

34749520722_81f1a9f475_m.jpg

With that post displayed, copy the address from the browser address bar. The address (link) to that page is shown below:

Code:
http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/1422186-post10.html
Copy the code from the address bar and use it to make a link word using url link code below:

{URL=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/1422186-post10.html]HERE[/URL}

NOTE: I have used {} brackets at each end of the code to stop it working. Substitute the {} for [] and it will display like this:

HERE

Job Done.

Ralph.

P.S. If anyone has any questions please use the PM service as this is way of topic! I do not want to get in trouble with the administration, asuming I am not already :eek:

Last edited: