White acres

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Just got back from white acres from a week , this would be my 3rd trip there last time was 12 years ago and was not keen on the fishing then . Much the same where they have loads of lakes the fish are not in good condition and the fishing was slow and hard . one day i think i have 3 skimmers . One day i was fishing before a match started so they pegged around me . The winning weight was around 22lb that day i believe .

Went off site one day to bolingey better day but still was slow and had a 20lb carp in the margins loads of fish around but not too many fish from myself or my dad.

I think its probably match fished too much and think should leave at least 1 or 2 lakes for pleasure anglers .

Anyone else experienced similar ?

chrissh

Reaction score
After reading your post I glad I have cancelled my holiday there … I rebooked Anglers Paradise July and booked Burnham on sea for October I’ll let you know how they fished

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Chris i would go to anglers paradise but as i have a younger family nothing for them or mrs to do . so have to wait until there older .

but in sept im going to burnham on sea holiday village ( haven park ) . Where you planning to fish ?

Regarding white acres i know it will fish better like other lakes but everytime its been poor fishing . but all the fish are in terrible condition and matches are on everyday .

My opinion it gets hammered by the matchmen .

Keith M

Reaction score
I last fished at White Acres round 10 to 15 years ago when that 'chase me' comedian Duncan Norville was on at the club, and I caught loads of fish on the lakes however I've heard that they have had lots of tackle stolen in recent months from cars vans & lockers as you are not allowed to store your tackle inside your caravans there.

Keith

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
was the times when there childrens mascot was called mighty maggot ?

yes i have heard same thing , i think its ludicrous your not allowed to store tackle in caravan when you get a tackle locker the size of a rabbit hutch . Yes i would store nets and bait and such like in there but rods could go inside cant do much harm ???

when off to burnham im taking the van and mrs taking car .

I just think the fish are in poor condition , sores , fin rot , parrot mouths and 2 had no lips at all .

Reaction score
I'm afraid I had similar results in my three visits over 8 years or so,I did catch a few on some days,but in general it was quite difficult,I fished one match and had 20lbs odd and won my section finishing just out of the frame,but I would agree that it doesn't fish well enough for a 'holiday' venue,certainly not for an angler who wants a few fish on the float/lead anyway.

B

binka

I suppose there's always the benefit of the doubt in terms of slow catches in that it's that time of year when it can be very tricky but it's sad to hear that some of the fish are in such poor condition :(

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Best bet is to go to there off site lake but normally fully booked . Went to tackle shop week Monday ago as was booked up all week . Managed to get a space on Sunday though and was only me and dad there ... Strange but that's where had the 20lb mirror so can't complain at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Yes but think they ordered up mainly f1's caught mainly those and a few mirrors

iain t

Reaction score
The place sounded perfect for me and the family. They could go off and i could fish. But after reading these posts, think I'll change my mine and just do a bit of spinning in the sea.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I think it's been over rated for many years and gets a lot of publicity . That's why I've booked a holiday with lots of fishing lakes near the caravan site in sept

robcourt82

Reaction score
I've not been to WA so can't comment on that but maybe look at manor farm leisure for a holiday venue. Doesn't have the coast but is in a beautiful part of the country and the fishing is brilliant. We had a tourer there years ago and although mainly forgotten the stretch of river is gorgeous.

cg74

Reaction score
Just got back from white acres from a week , this would be my 3rd trip there last time was 12 years ago and was not keen on the fishing then . Much the same where they have loads of lakes the fish are not in good condition and the fishing was slow and hard . one day i think i have 3 skimmers . One day i was fishing before a match started so they pegged around me . The winning weight was around 22lb that day i believe .

Went off site one day to bolingey better day but still was slow and had a 20lb carp in the margins loads of fish around but not too many fish from myself or my dad.

I think its probably match fished too much and think should leave at least 1 or 2 lakes for pleasure anglers .

Anyone else experienced similar ?

Matt, my experiences of White Acres has been the polar opposite to yours. Yes the standard of fishing has dipped in the last 8-9 years following a KHV outbreak. It is primarily a match fishing venue but that doesn't mean the fishing has to be hard; fish very close in with a big lump of paste of meat an hour or two after a match and you'll find the bigger fish.

Damaged/poor conditioned fish occurs but has never really been an overly prevalent issue for me and I hate damaged fish, so much so I'd just cull them out!

3 skimmers in a day is poor fishing, perhaps you should've tried moving swims or lake.

BTW Pat's Pool and Nelson's Lake don't get matches fished on them.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

I've just been looking at match results at White Acres, they aren't that poor: Gold, Bronze and Residents W/C 22nd May 2017 | Fishing holidays in Cornwall at White Acres

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Was on the Thursday on Jenny's , I was fishing method to island and then lead and pellet 15ft out . Over the week tried diferent lakes but my dad didn't do as well as me even but the skimmers on one day was the worst day .

Would of fished specimen but wasn't geared up for bigger fish and only had a pleasure ticket .

Regards on the match weights lots of angler spoke to was experiencing same thing very hard going couldn't get onto polowyn booked off for match when went to look

Last edited:

robcourt82

Reaction score
Whitty, manor farm leisure near evesham. Probably not so much for the family but the fishing and the set up is really good and its a beautiful part of the country.

Reaction score
I know the place Rob,we have a Manor Farm complex near Biggleswade,Beds,several lakes,tackle shop etc.:)