Reels

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well whilst putting my gear away tonight at the back of the car had a taxi driver pull up and hand me a bag with 2 reels in it saying no good to me o what you want with them .

A Shakespeare Ambidex Titanium seems ok and a Cormoran Spincast Corcast 300 seems a cheapo plastic job , What does anyone know of these devices the shakey seems reasonable but the other one well

PG ...

robtherake

Reaction score
Had a look at an Ambidex Titanium on Ebay - is the lever for drag activation or line release? The bait clicker on/off switch must be in case the user falls asleep, I guess. It looks quite posh for a baitcaster-style reel, which I assume it is.

Shakespeare Ambidex Titanium | eBay

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Had a look at an Ambidex Titanium on Ebay - is the lever for drag activation or line release? The bait clicker on/off switch must be in case the user falls asleep, I guess. It looks quite posh for a baitcaster-style reel, which I assume it is.

Shakespeare Ambidex Titanium | eBay

Hi The lever is for line release . i may inh the next few days put some line on it a see how it bahves watch this space .

PG ...

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
That's the strangest looking reel I have ever seen, nothing to loose though :)

Hi The serious STRANGEEEE one is the Cormoran if you see a picture of that one the entire thing falls to bits if you take the front off and it is made like that not going to try that one but the SHakespere i will give a go just for the hell of it .

PG ...

robtherake

Reaction score

nottskev

Reaction score
A reel from "Cormoran"? That's a stroke of marketing genius. What price the "Otte" range of barbel gear?

mikench

Reaction score
It's even worse as Cormoran is French for Cormorant! In other words the brand will cause less offence here, where it is not sold, as it will in France where it is!

Mind you I doubt cormorants are as problematical in France or Europe as they are here as they will no doubt be shot on sight!