Things you stopped doing .....

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
.... And don't know why

For me it was putting sweet corn in a blender with a little water to make a yellow sweet corn slop

I'd either mix this with ground bait and make a paste to fish with or cup in the slop and fish sweet corn on the hook

I caught plenty of good fish with these methods but for some reason stopped

Just now made the sweet corn slop ready for the next outing

rich66

Reaction score
Dried blood fertiliser in my groundbait for Tench. Not sure if you can get it anymore

mikench

Reaction score
You can buy blood fish and bone from a garden centre: whether ****h like it is another matter;)

rich66

Reaction score
You can buy blood fish and bone from a garden centre: whether ****h like it is another matter;)

Yeah I often look at that but it don't smell quite the same, you used to be able to get dried blood on it's own. At least you smelt like you might have caught a T.... lol

ken more

Reaction score
Using sweetcorn, never seem to have had any success with it.

Same here, i then added that scopex stuff and got plenty of bites. I was using a float rod and very light tackle (2lb hooklength tops) and had hooks straightened and fish running for the reeds easily, and landed nothing. promised myself an upgrade but i have never been back there. Was originally hoping for a few small Tench, roach, Perch etc:eek:

steve2

Reaction score
Listening to what people tell me I should be doing when it comes to fishing, but then I never have. Prefer to do things my own way.

mikench

Reaction score
Corn has been my salvation so far this year whether plain, with pineapple glug or the brazem stuff( bait tech)! I have even been eating it myself!;)

Reaction score
If my missus starts moaning at what i'm preparing I just stick my fingers in my ears and sing la-la-la-la-la loudly for a few minutes,she either walks off resignedly or bursts out in fits of laughter,a win,win situation.:D

robtherake

Reaction score
Yeah I often look at that but it don't smell quite the same, you used to be able to get dried blood on it's own. At least you smelt like you might have caught a T.... lol

I used to be able to get black pudding mix from a friend who was also the local butcher, which is just powdered blood with extra spice. Might be worth asking.