Keeping it simple - the result!

fishplate42

Reaction score
I know we have been around and around this subject but on the back of my match fishing thread, I thought I would talk about the exact opposite. It was mentioned by mikench, in that thread, that it would take him a long time to set up. I can empathise with that. It is one of the things I just could not get right. If I was ready to fish at the all-in it was unusual. I found that alone stressful and set me off in the wrong frame.

Compare that with the few times I have embraced minimum fishing every time I have been fishing within ten or fifteen minutes of arrival and what is more important to me is I can pack up in the same or less time. Useful for me as I tend to fish commercials that lock up at a particular time and you stand the risk of having to do and enforced all-nighter :(

There has to be message there, I feel...

swans.jpg

This is my idea of fishing - sitting back and letting the world go by...

My day on Maze Lake, last summer was a prime example of what fishing is all about to me. One rod and a small amount of bait - brilliant. I had a similar day earlier this year when I visited Willows Angling Centre (Ex Bax Farm Fishery) and fished the small lake all day catching all sorts of small fish. More recently I have 'discovered' a brilliant little fishery, Oakley Road Fishery, only a few miles from me. Both times I have been there it has been with a very small amount of gear and just one rod - Both days I was having so much fun the time just disappeared. There is more about all these trips on my blog if you are at all interested.

Looking to the future, I went for a walk along the river in Canterbury, a few weeks ago, and I guess I will be having a go at some river fishing in the near future. What a difference, I can park the car there for 24 hours and it will only cost me what it costs non residents to park outside my house for two or three hours!

I can see a lots of keeping it simple fishing coming up over this summer.

Ralph.

mikench

Reaction score
Catching fish in an idyllic environment surrounded by wildlife whilst honing your Angling skills is something to be savoured Ralph! It isn't a competition to be rushed and stressed about ! Just go with the flow ( pun intended) and feel relaxed! I feel excited just setting up a new rod , a new reel and a float that is going to get me that tench!!;)

fishplate42

Reaction score
Catching fish in an idyllic environment surrounded by wildlife whilst honing your Angling skills is something to be savoured Ralph! It isn't a competition to be rushed and stressed about ! Just go with the flow ( pun intended) and feel relaxed! I feel excited just setting up a new rod , a new reel and a float that is going to get me that tench!!;)

It is the start of the river season tomorrow so I am hoping I will have the pick of the commercial lakes next week Here is one of my favourite places to fish.

35280547146_edaf6908f3_c.jpg

This is my sort of place. Commercial, yes, but it is far from just a series of holes dug in a feature-less field, as some of them are. Probably not the most productive spot on the lake but I just like the peace and quiet - I must be getting old :(

Ralph ;)

mikench

Reaction score
That venue looks very nice Ralph; I would be happy to fish there myself, mind you I am just plain happy at the moment:wh

lambert1

Reaction score
For me too it is the ultimate way to unwind and just enjoy the countryside. I love catching fish of any size. Just watching the float go under is something that never fails to get me smiling. I too like to keep it simple and uncomplicated.