fluorocarbon

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Had the idea to start to use flouro for hooklinks and mainly used mono in past but when pull off the spool its a bit twisty where been on the spool . Does this matter at all and will it straighten out ?

Be trying on still water and flowing

cheers

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Line is a very personal thing, I don't get on with fluoro, Drennan describe it as limp and supple, I find it anything but.

Richox12

Reaction score
Just pull off the spool what you need to use for tying and stretch it between your hands (or spool and hand) and it'll be dead straight and then cut it and tie your hook.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
It's what I got and the same with Preston reflo , comes of curled . Il pull it across my knee etc later as having a hooklink tying session later .

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecrow

Reaction score
It's what I got and the same with Preston reflo , comes of curled . Il pull it across my knee etc later as having a hooklink tying session later .

Thanks all

Supplex is the only fluro I use as a hook length but I don't get any curling at all, if you do pull the line across your knee be sure to not do it to quickly and not to many times as the reason it straightens the line is because of the heat caused by the friction, doing it quickly or to many times can weaken the line.

I have/do use the across the knee method with mono but only with heavier breaking strains.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Thank you , i will bear that in mind .

chrissh

Reaction score
I use a line straightener the same as the fly fishermen use for taking twists and curls out of my hook lengths
Just place your line in-betweens the 2 rubber pads put a little pressure on the pad with you thumb and finger and pull the line though

Around £3.00 on eBay or tackle shops that sell fly gear

or if you can get hold of an old bike inner tube cut a 2" lump of and keep it in you tackle bag

MDI Game Leather Fly Line Leader Straightener | eBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adQ2GlDcPyc