Fishing the Thames by Walton bridge

iain t

Reaction score
Hi Chaps, Going to be visiting relatives who live at Horsham. So me liking my own company more i have decided to do a couple of days fishing on the Thames at Walton Bridge area. Mainly for Chub, Rudd, Roach or anything am lucky to catch. Having not fished the Thames for many years, i need all the help and info i can get. Be getting the bait from Walton Tackle who like in the past put me on some good places. It would be good to get some help before i get there. My main style of fishing are float and ledging.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
Haven't fished the Walton bridge bit for a long time -there is a swim there that is famous for barbel but it always used to have 3 or 4 bivvies in it - not sure if it still does. Lots of silvers the last few times i fished at Weybridge (just upstream ) - maggot / caster feeder. Try asking on the TAC Forum - Free forum : THAMES ANGLERS' CONSERVANCY.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The last time I fished there was 2 years ago. The old bridge has gone and there's a new one open now.. The best pegs were just downstream of the bridge and you could park behind yourself but that was fenced off even after the new bridge opened. Not been since and it maybe open to parking again?

I used to fish with the pole and maggots there and sometimes elderberries and hemp, caught loads of big dace and quality roach. The last time I went I fished upstream of the bridge where the boat launch is close in on stickfloat and maggot but there were plagues of small chublets. The carpark is a short walk from those pegs.

If you walk downstream of the bridge for a couple of hundred yards there is a concrete bank just after the rowing club which is comfortable to fish.

I've never tried feeder or lead but some sit it out for the big bream there...

mikench

Reaction score
Sorry I have no constructive comments to make save that I find your new avatar mildly disconcerting Iain !;) please revert back to Victor my hero:)

I doubt that there is a water anywhere safe for Bubbles to go fishing:D

robcourt82

Reaction score
Fished it last autumn, brilliant fishing. I had 18lb of roach and a pike about 5lb on the pole but there was a group of us and we all caught on the feeder, waggler or pole.
You can park behind most of the stretch and even the bits you can't are an easy walk and a comfortable toepath to fish from. We fished right by the new bridge and it was deep, even on the pole line.

Great but of river, will be fishing it again this season.