What happened to TCF magazine

Specihunter

Reaction score
Longtime no sea, since I've moved to cumbria I've just been doing sea fishing. Just lately I'm looking to get back into coarse fishing as the fishing is hit and miss. So went out for improved and tcf, to not just read the articles but to look at basic rods and reels just for a small lake near me. Turns out tcf doesn't exist any more when did that disappear and so for us general anglers we just have improve and the weeklies now.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there big feller . . . . long time no see . . . .

TCF went the way of most new-ish magazines, not sure when but not too long ago.

Far better to ask around on here for exactly what you want or need as then you'll get unbiased opinions and not ones based on sponsored anglers or writers . . . .

Reaction score
Mate,all the good mags are gone,disastrous isn't it.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
I used like like TCF some time ago, but they changed and it ended up like the other one - full of reviews (same product different colour taste smell) from the same companies with full page adverts next to them.

These magazines have shot themselves in the foot.

Reaction score
I think your right,trouble is all mags are struggling these days,so have to maximise money making potential,even the weeklies have changed drastically over the last decade or so,in years gone by if a reader or readers found an issue with an angling product,they would have printed said complaint/s,today that would never happen as they're too busy kissing a**e...

steve2

Reaction score
Like many of us when I am out shopping I will flick through a mag on shelf and I have in the past few years not found anything to make me buy one.They are just one big advert but without those they wouldn't be printed.