anyone fishing in this heat?

xenon

Reaction score
just what it says-was due for a session on the Thames today, but given the forcast-no. Even if I could bear the heat (which I cannot) would the fishing be any good?

mikench

Reaction score
I will be fishing tomorrow whatever the weather. Perversely I will be happy to do so even if it is raining;)

chrissh

Reaction score
out yesterday on the Trent and out tomorrow on a tench pond

just had some Heavey rain and its looks like we might get a thunderstorm...

mikench

Reaction score
Half an hour ago it started to rain large well spaced droplets and there was a stiff breeze!:) now the breeze has dropped and it feels like a furnace outside! Good weather for tench?:rolleyes:

B

binka

Been working today but apart from that Monday was the only day I've not been on the rivers since the season began.

I was fed up with the heat after three days of it on the riverbank and Monday did cross my mind but I just couldn't bring myself to do it four days on the trot.

Trot...

Ha ha :D

iain t

Reaction score
Fished 5am to 10am. Had to pack up due to getting way too hot. Even the Maggots had their brollies up sipping Pimms and Lemonade.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Similar to Iain I fished from 4-30am til 10-30. Full story...you know where.:)

peterjg

Reaction score
Fished the Kennet this morning, caught 10 dace, 7 brown trout and a grayling.

Reaction score
I can see no sense in fishing in the heat we have had here,30degs plus every day,with penetrating sunlight,the walks would be lethal,it might be ok in a couple of weeks fishing hemp and tare.

iain t

Reaction score
Sensible times are early mornings and late evenings. Anyone fishing mid day in this heat must be mad.

fishplate42

Reaction score
I fished Oakley Road yesterday (Wednesday) and it was hot - very hot! I was there at around 8 o'clock and it was nice and warm then. As the day went on it just got unbearable. by 2 o'clock in the after noon I was heading home. I like nice warm days but yesterday it was far too hot for me and it seems my maggots - most of which have expired :(

I am out again tomorrow, it should be about 12ºC cooler than yesterday at only 22ºC.

Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I fished Oakley Road yesterday (Wednesday) and it was hot - very hot! I was there at around 8 o'clock and it was nice and warm then. As the day went on it just got unbearable. by 2 o'clock in the after noon I was heading home. I like nice warm days but yesterday it was far too hot for me and it seems my maggots - most of which have expired :(

I am out again tomorrow, it should be about 12ºC cooler than yesterday at only 22ºC.

Ralph.

Never mind Oakley Road, how did your first river trip go Ralph?

fishplate42

Reaction score
Ah, that... Well, I did go and visit the river but I did not fish. The trouble was, I was tight for time and I did not have any river floats. If I had though about it earlier I could have sorted myself out but it only occurred to me late in the day. I do have some pictures of the river and I will post some tomorrow, or is that today now?

Interestingly, considering it was the first Saturday of the river season I only saw one angler and he was packing up.

I am off to Beaver on Saturday to fish my favourite spot just here...

peg.jpg

Ralph.