Which line is best

Simon Collins 3

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I am off to France next year for the first time. The lake hold carp to 50lb and cats to 90lb.

At present i have 12lb krystonite on my reels and am looking to respool before i go. I was going to go for the 18lb krystonite but after reading a few threads on here and other forums i am now undecided. I have had no trouble with the krystonite but i have not used it much as i generally fish with braid and only use the mono if i am on a lake that does not permit braid.

I have seen the Adrenaline which looks good.

Can you please give any help as to what would be a good line for my trip. I want to buy a bulk spoolbut don't want to break the bank.

Cheers

Simon

F

Frothey

i've used 12lb krystonite with fish to 40+ with no probs, though if the water's snaggy i'd go for shimano technium -which is what i use pretty much all the time now.

F

Fred Bonney

I've used Krystonite for some time now on the Trent.

If you have no problem with it why change?

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I've used Krystonite for some time now on the Trent.

If you have no problem with it why change?</blockquote>
Sound advice confidence in your line is everything and without it fish could be lost even if the line holds.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got to agree with Frothey, shimano technium is what I've been using and I am very impressed with it.

It is not the cheapest, but it is a very good line.

PS - disclaimer: I have no association with Shimano, other than as a happy customer.

R

Roto Fryer

I must admit that, after trying many lines, I'm a devotee of Shimano Technium.

R

Royffey

Braid: fireline 14lb test accompanied with a shock leader such as quicksilver

Mono: big fan of 15lb Pro Gold, tough, great abrasion resistance, good casting distance capability, excellent knot strength.

the new " P line " halo is supposed to be exceptional on all aspects as above, tho have not yet used it.

also have heard tht adrenaline is really over rated but again havnt used it?