Has Wade run out of River Monsters?

B

binka

A question which cropped up in my mind recently after watching a couple of episodes where the focus was very much out at sea, at least for a large part of the programme.

In a light hearted way I enjoy the programme from the view of casual entertainment but the last couple of episodes have certainly slipped imo and I'm wondering if he's run out of river monsters?

In light of that I would like to see him on the Trent, grappling with outsize moggies which are all but certain to exist.

Anyone got any other UK river challenges for him?

barbelboi

Reaction score
I enjoyed his original jungle hooks but I've lost interest with his stuff since years ago................

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Like Jerry I watched the early programmes but recently have come to the conclusion that this programme is well past its sell by date . . . .

You will know it for sure when we star to see repeats ad nauseum

B

binka

A three ounce trent gudgeon, now thats a monster!.

I can see him now at Collingham, heavy rod tips pointing high.

There's a dramatic symphony of background music steadily building as a tiny dink on one of the tips sees him cascading down a gravel bank form his elevated bivvy basecamp, dust and pebbles flying everwhere as he does so :D

Ah f@!% it's off...

It's off - it's off - it's off...

terry m

Reaction score
I agree with the general consensus here. The first series were good and worth watching. The current series is very dull and rather contrived.

Past sell by date sums up perfectly.

Reaction score
What,jumping in and disappearing over the weir,chasing after said moggie...:rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think you could be right Steve, he may well be running out of nonsense to spout lol.
No doubt he'll keep thinking them up for as long as he can since he's getting paid to go fishing across the globe....jammy bast!

greenie62

Reaction score
.....a tiny dink on one of the tips sees him cascading down a gravel bank form his elevated bivvy basecamp, dust and pebbles flying everwhere as he does so :D...

...... Only to be met by an EA Bailiff with a ticket for court for leaving his rods unattended whilst fishing - being that his butt was more than 3m away from the rod butts! :D:D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Agree, is there any monsters left?

If you hang about near the local council estate chippy you'll see loads of 'em and they're in this weather they're displaying themselves to potential partners in order to reproduce :eek: .

B

binka

Agree, is there any monsters left?

This was one of the last I encountered.

They are manageable in singular form but I tend to find they hunt in small packs and can take some tackling when accompanied by their carnivorous steak & kidney relatives, some of which have been known to grow even bigger...

:D

john step

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about the current offerings.
I knew the answers before the programmes came to the conclusions, especially the oar fish one.

I enjoyed particularly an old programme about bull sharks venturing inland and the two parter about the Loch Ness Monster.
I think his observations about the Loch Ness thing is the closest anyone has got so far.

I suppose though we have to remember its not just anglers but the general public its aimed at.

Reaction score

They are manageable in singular form but I tend to find they hunt in small packs and can take some tackling when accompanied by their carnivorous steak & kidney relatives, some of which have been known to grow even bigger...

I'm coming fishing with you,sausages and monster pies....:D

iain t

Reaction score
Like many I've been highly disappointed in the current series. Is Jeramy Wade running out of steam? or should that be stream. I've watched his shows since Jungle Hooks, that's when i got hooked again on freshwater fishing after a few years of beach fishing. There seems to no TV shows on freshwater fishing anymore. Thank god there's still you tube.
Sorry about the puns.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score

Ye gads that and a snake&pigmy counterpart would keep me going for a week ..

PG ...

robtherake

Reaction score
There have been some decent episodes, but there's far too much filler and intentional rehashing of previously-seen footage, in line with many other real-life dramas. Perhaps we're looking at it from an angler's point of view, yet I can't help feeling that a better, more detailed description of the actual fishing, plus the reasoning behind it, and far less of the "scary" cut scenes would improve it no end.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
It has turned into a 50 mins of build up and 10 mins of action, type programme. I've found I can just tune in for the last quarter and that just about covers all possible catches, the remainder just 'checking out stories' etc. etc. with the back pocket diary....

No doubt a good fisherman, but I think he has milked the 'monsters' bit to death!

I think he could do a few progs around some of waters, but with plenty of time around catching..

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I find Brother Jeremy incredibly dull and as Tony said he has the ability to make 10 minutes of film last what seems like forever. I don't watch fishing stuff on the telly because it usually makes me cringe but "The Boy" insisted on watching it this week after our couple of carp trips.

What the ? Jellyfish ffs ? :eek:mg:

Give it up, love. Its not even funny anymore.