Lets do this!

knocker21

Reaction score
Hi everyone
After a 40 year break (joined the Army traveled the world) I have taken up fishing again and in the process have joined this site as well as take out a yearly subscription to AT weekly.

Since looking for new kit I was surprised at how much this sport has advanced kit wise, WOW what can you NOT get? theirs so much kit now compered to when I last fished (1979) So got myself a Maver Carp rod + JT Avon Deluxe 11-13ft rod and a Daiwa BW 5000A to start with.

I would love to hear from any of you experts out there what this DTC 6000 Free-spool reel is like which has been offered as part of the ATW subscription.

Anyway I have a lot to read.

lambert1

Reaction score
Hi Knocker and welcome to FM. I stopped a little later than you in 1983 and came back about 5 years ago. I totally agree with your comments about how tackle has progressed, but as Crow says, the fish are still the same and the baits we used back then still work. You don't need to spend a great deal to get some perfectly serviceable gear that will seem refined to what you remember from 1979. The choice is bewildering but they are a very knowledgeable bunch on here and are happy to share what they know, so don't be afraid to ask. Tight lines.

Reaction score
Welcome Knocker,enjoy it,the whole experience...:)