Getting back into coarse fishing

Specihunter

Reaction score
After a lengthy absence, I'm coming back into coarse fishing . And need to re-arm myself , with both float rod and reel and feeder rod and reel plus a bag. Any suggestions please, my budget is £50 for each bit of tackle as I'm only pleasure fishing not serious fishing, I may get some carp gear later on.
Many thanks
Speci

rich66

Reaction score
Don't think you could go wrong with a Diawa Ninja Fd reel for float fishing I've the 3012a and it's a pleasure to use.

xenon

Reaction score
my advice would be to walk away now, whilst you still can. nothing to see here-unless you want to empty your bank balance.

B

binka

I know you are only looking for certain things at this time but come the inevitable moment when you start looking at gear in general and stuff like rig bags etc. give NGT a go, it's notches below comparable gear on price and all the stuff I've had has been good.

Actually it might be worth having a look for the bag you mentioned, Aldi also do some very good bags for the money (when they've got them).

Specihunter

Reaction score
I have thought of the the korum kits esp the pole. I have seen the leeda concept rod, which is both float and feeder rod. But don't know if anyone has used it.

iain t

Reaction score
Many bargains can be found at boot sales if your willing to put the hours in walking. I can highly recommend the TFG classic range of rods in both float and feeder. Fishtec sells them on Ebay where you can buy ex display rods and reels. Around £24 each. I would look at Ebay again for Reels from China( don't worry 99.9% of reels are made there) Where you can find reels with 10 ss bearing for as low as £15.00 with free delivery. I've bought a few in the past as found them very well made and long lasting. The Carbon effect model is the ones i had and my youngest is still using them. Never had any problems with them at all. These sell for around £18 now and come in all the sizes. 3000 for float and 4000 to 5000 for feeder. I only recommend items i have used and liked that i found reliable over the years.