Hello from southern Sweden!

Faranhor

Reaction score
Hi all! Finally signed up after lurking around for a couple of weeks.

I'm living in Sweden now and enjoy a bit of fishing but consider myself a newbie, but getting out on the water as much as I can.

I've had fun reading up on your comments and stories. If anybody has questions about fishing in the Nordics let me know and I'll try to answer.

Cheers!

Faranhor

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum what sort of fishing do you do and what do you catch?

Thanks! Coarse fishing mainly, I like to fish the float and feeder, done some link ledgering as well. My main spot has given me beautiful bream and tench, some nice big roach on occasion and lots of run ins with tiny perch that think themselves a shark and swallow a 4-size hook like it ain't no thing :)

I caught my very first pike on Sunday too, so I'm going to try my hand at some proper predator fishing soon.

I grew up on a river in western Romania so lots of silver fish in the summer, fishing has been one of my favourite ways to destress but I only picked it up again recently.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcolme! Plenty of lakes in sweden and little competion i would have thought from other anglers!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to FishingMagic.

I've fished a lot in the Skane area in the South myself, mostly for coarse fish but some trout and salmon too

Last edited:

Faranhor

Reaction score
Hell o and welcome to FishingMagic.

I've fished a lot in the Skane area in the South myself, mostly for coarse fish but some trout and salmon too

Nice! I live close to Ringsjön but never fished it. There's a few streams that end in there as well and am thinking of trotting a bit come August.

Any place you can recommend?

greenie62

Reaction score
Hej Faranhor!
Welcome to the FM Madhouse. Hope you enjoy the forum!
Tight Lines & Wet Nets :thumbs:

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. As a matter of interest to you, if you research pike fishing in the Baltic, you may or not know that the Swedish coast and its brackish inlets are famous for very large pike.

There are probably many videos on youtube about it.

Faranhor

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. As a matter of interest to you, if you research pike fishing in the Baltic, you may or not know that the Swedish coast and its brackish inlets are famous for very large pike.

There are probably many videos on youtube about it.

Didn't know that but will be look for them. I've been addicted to TAFishing for months now, so much stuff to learn. Enjoyed quite a few classic John Wilson videos too, bought his Avon Quiver Travel, such a fun rod!

And thank you all for the warm welcome!