New experience, new kit...

fishplate42

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to our trip to do a spot of urban fishing on Friday morning. I have all the tackle I am ever going to want, to fish the way I want to fish, but I really did not have anything compact and portable to sit on. I may not need to sit down too much but it might be handy to have the option. We are also planning a second urban fishing trip the next day in Canterbury... Anyone who lives where I do will know why Canterbury will be far preferable than staying put this Saturday! The picture below shows a spot on the Great Stour taken last time we were there in late May - not fishing of course! Lots of weed but plenty of fish in evidence.

35605067441_bd84a7790a_c.jpg

Saturday's intended river is the Great Stour in Canterbury

Anyway, Not wanting to spend a fortune I spotted one of those rucksack/stools on eBay for £14.99 including delivery. Throwing caution to the wind I clicked that ever so tempting 'Buy-it-now' button only to be told that my credit card had expired last year! Shows you how much I spend on tackle. I was about to give up when I had a rush of blood to the head and updated my details. Click!

34926355883_d8dc3cf2f9_c.jpg

The bag/stool arrived today. How can they do it for that money? It is even a pound cheaper if ordered directly from the suppliers website! The seat is padded and it comes with a couple of decent adjustable straps for wearing it on your back.

34894661934_3ac098271e_c.jpg

It looks to be perfect with plenty of room for the small amount of tackle, bait and sandwiches we will be taking with us. Okay, it is not going to stand up to a lot of abuse, but for occasional use I think it will be fine. It seems there are some bargains to be had out there.

A subsequence of getting my card updated meant it was to hand when I was investigating mail-order maggots - another thirteen-pound odd was added to next months credit card bill! The Maggots have not arrived yet but I am expecting them any time now - I will let you know how that works out!

Ralph.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm writing this outside Canterbury hospital on taxi duty for a relative, just had a walk along the river, few places to fish with so much weed but the small weir at Millers Arms is full of fish including about 8 decent chub going about 4lb. Where were they last week when I fished there!

I'll be there tomorrow morning if the storms don't materialise freelining chunks of meat, you'll have some fun dropshotting for perch too I'd guess. Let me know what time you'll be there on Saturday, if I'm not fishing elsewhere I'll pop by to say hello.

mikench

Reaction score
Ralph you cannot take it with you and money was invented to enable people to buy things;) Spoil yourself and remember you are spending your kids inheritance;) Enjoy the seat and have a food day on friday!

I do like Canterbury!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ralph you cannot take it with you and money was invented to enable people to buy things;) Spoil yourself and remember you are spending your kids inheritance;) Enjoy the seat and have a food day on friday!

I do like Canterbury!

You'll go off the town Mike, hardly a Barbel to be seen.

trotter2

Reaction score
I have a bag very similar to that one , they are very good when your not sitting on it you can use it as a bait tray .:)

B

binka

I really like these sort of stool/bag/rucksack things for roving and travelling light.

I still have the Wychwood version with the zip off bag and used it a lot a fair few years ago when I used to walk to a local lake around a mile away...

15g4jm1.jpg

Interesting to note that I still have it and in practically its original condition quite a few years later and over which time I've got through numerous and far more expensive chairs.

Even the indestructible Stanley (!) flask has long since gone! :rolleyes: :)

mikench

Reaction score
Your reputation for breaking things is ill deserved Steve!;)

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

I expect you'll have soma TALES to tell about that :eek:mg:

A Chaucer fan eh!