Watercolours - Chapel-St-Leonards

geoffw

Reaction score
Anyone fished this water recently. Going down there tomorrow and wondered what it is like.

flightliner

Reaction score
Not heard of it geoff, used to enjoy the odd day trip years ago, is it a well established water?.

geoffw

Reaction score
Can only find a Facebook page
Not much information but it looks ok

robtherake

Reaction score
I walked round the place several years ago. It's a small but perfectly-formed water and the one angler I spoke to had nothing but praise, having caught a 2lb+ roach as part of a good mixed catch on a sunny morning. It's part of a dual venture together with a plant nursery/garden centre and it's easy to miss it and drive straight past unless they've improved the signage.

geoffw

Reaction score
I went there last Friday for a few hours. It is a well kept fishery with decent pegs and mown verges. Caught some nice roach on corn and carp in the margins on paste. There is a toilet and a café with well priced drinks (didn't have any food)
One angler a few pegs down was catching carp steadily all afternoon. He was fishing paste up in the water, never seen that done before and don't know how the paste stayed on the hook. It was a very effective method though. Anyone else done it?