Hello from sunny Dorset

f1aw1ess

Reaction score
Hi

Come across your site today and as I'm getting back into fishing again recently but I'm not quite up to date on all the updates to tackle etc since I stopped some 20 years ago I thought I'd join a forum ?

I've been fishing again for a couple of seasons, always coarse on the commercial lake, Todber Manor im luckily enough to live 10 minutes down the road from. I've smashed both carp and cat pb's recently at 24 & 25lb ?

I bought a cheap setup but now starting to upgrade to some decent stuff so will have a few questions no doubt when it comes to buying upgrades, I hope you guys can help steering me in the right direction.

Cheers
Mike

colin42

Reaction score
Hi Mike,
Seeing as your from Dorset i was wondering if you have ever fished at Warmwell?, we are going there this year on holiday, we went 2 years ago and stayed at the Park Dean camp where there are 3 lakes on site to fish.
Had plenty of action as the lakes are well stocked with all species, as it was a family holiday i found myself fishing from 5.00pm until it got dark but found this to be very productive as everyone was packing up by then, float fished strawberry luncheon meat fished close to the pads proved very good and i caught loads of carp upto 7/8lb the best being a 12lb common caught really close in.
I just wondered if you were aware of this fishery?, if not it's the perfect place to get back into fishing.

Cheers Colin.

f1aw1ess

Reaction score
Hi Mike,
Seeing as your from Dorset i was wondering if you have ever fished at Warmwell?, we are going there this year on holiday, we went 2 years ago and stayed at the Park Dean camp where there are 3 lakes on site to fish.
Had plenty of action as the lakes are well stocked with all species, as it was a family holiday i found myself fishing from 5.00pm until it got dark but found this to be very productive as everyone was packing up by then, float fished strawberry luncheon meat fished close to the pads proved very good and i caught loads of carp upto 7/8lb the best being a 12lb common caught really close in.
I just wondered if you were aware of this fishery?, if not it's the perfect place to get back into fishing.

Cheers Colin.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

Yes I know Warmwell, I learnt to ski there before I went on a skiing holiday with my school around 30 years ago, wow now I do feel old!

I've never personally fished there but I have a couple of friends that stayed in the same lodges and fished for a day. I dont think they got anything of note but that might have been due to the alcohol consumption rather than the lake itself haha