Float/feeder combo rods

Specihunter

Reaction score
Carrying on from my previous thread. I've noticed a few of these and by the sounds of it would suit me perfectly. Are they any good like barbel twin tips, or should the be avoided ????

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Would an Avon rod not do the same thing Speci? There are plenty of options, one of my earliest acquisitions was a JW travel Avon which although not an ideal trotting rod is adequate for most applications

Specihunter

Reaction score
I like the idea of a feeder as well for small fish as well as big fish

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say that as long as you are not looking for perfection then a combination rod should suit your needs pretty well.

Just accept the fact that there will be a degree of compromise in the action with the different tip sections, but then these days with the advent of modern carbons it is not as pronounced as it once was with glass or cane.

On the plus side is the difference, and savings, in cost which means if on a limited budget, that you can then spend a little more on the reels you need.

Last edited:

Specihunter

Reaction score
Peter as long as it can land fish I'm not too bothered. I've never been 1 for all the technical stuff, about a rod as long as it can cast and have enough power to tame a carp I'm happy. so far I've seen 3 the tfg banshee, leeda concept and maver genesis I'm leaning to the maver as I've not seen the leeda and the tfg is hit and miss when they are mentioned on any forums.

trotter2

Reaction score
Its always a bit of a compromise, I use my jw Avon all the time its versatile and it must be the best value for money rod I have ever purchase.
If you want one rod to do everything a modern Avon takes some beating.