ringers 8mm pellet

tony travis

Reaction score
hi Having problems with ringers 8mm pellets, the 6mm work perfectly staying on the hook on casting and retrieving,but the 8mm seem to break up more and not stay on the hook,has anyone else had this problem.What would be a good strong ratio (per jelly)to make a good jelly pellet,thanks for looking.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I had the same problem with those, they're just about usable on a big hook but won't withstand casting. Ok for simply lowering into the margin but not great.
My simple solution....

Bin them!

Use luncheon meat or your 6m pellets that stay on...

trotter2

Reaction score
I have the 6 and the 8s can't say I noticed any difference last time I used them
Did you over soak them ?

Reaction score
I take it your talking expanders here,I use VDE RS elite expander pellets,but when I found I liked them I bought twelve bags or so,I now see they're 'a new improved recipe',mmmm,I wonder,the texture was what I liked about them(after pumping),I always just cover mine in water,finding they stay in good nick for longer,only pumping small numbers at a time,i'm afraid you may have to hunt down a more suitable pellet than Ringers,which I stopped using years ago,the texture was too coarse leading to breakup.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I had similar problems with this particular make, but gentle pumping helped to some degree. In the end I used them as a basis for a perch fishing ground bait by pouring hot water over them and letting them go to mush. This, along with proprietary ground baits mixed in, can work well going into winter.
I also use minimal quants of the same stuff for roaching..

Dennis Martin

Reaction score
hi Having problems with ringers 8mm pellets, the 6mm work perfectly staying on the hook on casting and retrieving,but the 8mm seem to break up more and not stay on the hook,has anyone else had this problem.What would be a good strong ratio (per jelly)to make a good jelly pellet,thanks for looking.

Try Bait Tech ones you will find they hold on the hook in any size. You can keep them in a bait tub with a small amount of water in and they will last for a full session, they even withstand being frozen and used another day.

rayner

Reaction score
Have you tried taking them straight from the water as soon as they are pumped then give then a coat of oil, I use rape seed oil but companies such as Preston do one. If you want to waste a few quid.

stripey

Reaction score
i have had problems with all ringers pellets no matter what size , must agree with Dennis Martin, Bait Tech are far superior at all sizes.