Pellet oil.

lambert1

Reaction score
When it was one that matched the pellet i.e Spicy Sausage oil. I also use it in the paste wrap that goes over the pellet. Talk about overkill:D Seemed to work though.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used it on occasion, but not always, on commercial venues in a match.
I do tend to flavour almost all of my hook bits to some degree . . . .

The main benefits being that it makes ordinary pellet sink much faster and indeed a little more accurate to catapult as well.

I have used it also in pastes but to be honest I've never had that much success with paste baits unless wrapped over a boilie.

sagalout

Reaction score
I oil the ones that I am using as baits. I use bait-tech krill and tuna oil. I have what will be the bait pellets in a small tub (one for each pellet size 4, 6 and 8mm) and I add a small amount of oil, let it soak in over a fw days and repeat. This stops the pellet breaking down and, I hope, makes it more attractive to the feeding fish.

B

binka

I have done in the past but can't honestly say I noticed much difference.

I do regularly 'sweat' halibut pellets that I'm using for hookbaits in summer by leaving the clear jar that I keep them in out in the full sun whilst fishing and it's surprising just how much they will sweat.

I have a mate who is always glugging and oiling stuff, pellets in particular but I can't say that he seems to do any better for it.

rayner

Reaction score
I've been using rape seed oil, at first just to make 4s and micros sink. As sagalout says they are more durable after coating with oil.
Not sure if my catch rate has improved though, at least they all sink now instead of hanging in the surface tension.
I was just wondering if the flavoured oils attract fish/get more bites or not.

sagalout

Reaction score
I seem to get more takes on the river after fitting a new oiled 8mm pellet in the lasso, of coarse (see what I did there :)) it is probably coincidence but I like to think it is my superb fishing skills.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Erm, . . . if pellet oil is used on, pellets, and

Baby oil is used on babies and,

Engine oil is used on engines, then

What is the intended purpose of . . . .

NUT OIL?

sagalout

Reaction score
That brings back the old ice cream seller joke.

Thrupenny cone please.
Crushed nuts?
No, arthritis.

PS Note the use of money to reflect the age of the joke.