New here, howz the fishing?

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Just finding my way around this forum. Just posted a question about France on the main forum before I noticed this section for newbies!

I have used the World Sea Fishing forum for many years. Now I am about to move to SW France near some wonderful rivers I thought Fishing Magic might be more helpful to bring me up to speed on the freshwater fishing scene.

Just received my first State Pension payment and reckon France looks a better bet for stringing out my modest income, at least I will require less for heating bills!

mikench

Reaction score
You hope!;) The French are not slow in taxing you! I doubt that Brexit will make much difference to you if you just retire to France but who really knows. I have been paying taxes there for 11 years and will one day live there permanently. I just sea fish there at the moment. Good luck!:)

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
You hope!;) The French are not slow in taxing you! I doubt that Brexit will make much difference to you if you just retire to France but who really knows. I have been paying taxes there for 11 years and will one day live there permanently. I just sea fish there at the moment. Good luck!:)

Hopefully my state and "Government" pensions will not be taxed again as they are taxed at source in UK. That's good whilst we have agreements with the EU!

I would prefer to live near the coast but there is a premium on location no matter if buying or renting. Still, generally cheaper accommodation in France to the UK - GB is not so great anymore!

Cahors might be too far inland in some ways, but gives access to routes east and west. Only a few hours to the Atlantic or the Med!

Looking forward to exploring new regions. :)

mikench

Reaction score
We have a double taxation treaty with France since 2009 so you should be ok!

Last edited: