daiwa mission brolly

hawb811

Reaction score
bought the above brolly last week, really struggled to get it up as there is twisted wire by the nipple that I assume is supposed to depress to hold in place, to get it down was a bigger task, there is a lever to press which I thought would depress the nipple to let the brolly down but nothing wappened and I had to push it down with a flat head screwdriver, anyone had issues with this brolly

chrissh

Reaction score
When you say mission brolly is it the overnighter or just the standard type brolly…
Whichever way it should not be that difficult to put up. its a push ans slide collar...
the collar should have a push button that locks into a grove on the centre pole when put up. The button is then depressed to so the collar can slide down the centre pole. I would take it back to the tackle shop

All that talk about getting up & nipples is getting me excited

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
If brollies and getting them up is turning you on Chris you need to get out more!:wh

hawb811

Reaction score
figured it out now, I thought it had to go past the erect nipple, as a lightweight brolly how does it cope with the elements

dicky123

Reaction score
I brought a Waterline some time ago, and it got totally buggered (blew inside out and bent the weak fibreglass ribs) when in a modest blow it turned inside out.

If I could find a smaller but lighter (well it would be if it was smaller:eek:mg:) like a 40'' with steel ribs I'd buy it without complaint. I don't need anything like a 50'' as I only want me to be dry, not all my minus gear.

Any thoughts guy's?

Ive toyed and tried a Golf jobbie, but holding it is total ****.:mad:

ian g

Reaction score
figured it out now, I thought it had to go past the erect nipple, as a lightweight brolly how does it cope with the elements

I had one of these when my kids used to fish with me , really good bit of kit ,strong and stable as someone used to say . I hadn't used it for a while and it was gathering dust in the shed so I gave it to a mate who does the odd summer night session and he is very impressed .