Would this be good as a sticky?

iain t

Reaction score
What do you think about having a sticky page for FM members to post information on free waters be it still waters or streams and rivers.
This could help when we go on holidays or when we are working away from home and fancy a session. You may even find a water close to home you never knew about.
Would need information of where the water is, how to get there and what fish you can catch there. Don't want to know your secret marks just the basic listed above.
Am sure with the help from you, we could have a very use full directory.
This will only work with the help of Admin and the monitors of FM.

chrissh

Reaction score
It would be a good idea but…. but getting through to the admin is impossible I tried 6 months ago about a sticky so others could post if they were looking a friend/s to go fishing with still no reply from admin

theartist

Reaction score
As someone who has amassed a sizeable catalogue of such venues i'd be loathe to name the exact whereabouts of any free river due to the information being easily accessible to those who are up to no good, care would have to be taken and it may also irritate the locals who fish these waters so it's a difficult one to see working without problems.

iain t

Reaction score
There must be a book out there already that has this information for anyone to buy. It's just tracking it down. Angling Times with Ray Walton do regular videos on rivers where fishing is free. So i see no problem having a sticky about free fishing

chrissh

Reaction score
There must be a book out there already that has this information for anyone to buy. It's just tracking it down. Angling Times with Ray Walton do regular videos on rivers where fishing is free. So i see no problem having a sticky about free fishing

If you google free fishing near the aria you want to fish there a lot come up
These are around London
https://www.visitthames.co.uk/things-to-do/fishing/free-fishing
free fishing | Allaboutangling.net
dofreefishing - Free Fishing UK - Free Fishing in Kent

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As someone who has amassed a sizeable catalogue of such venues i'd be loathe to name the exact whereabouts of any free river due to the information being easily accessible to those who are up to no good, care would have to be taken and it may also irritate the locals who fish these waters so it's a difficult one to see working without problems.

Same here, it's taken me years to find some quiet spots and I want them to stay that way.
In the past i've showed a few cracking banker swims to people I thought were trustworthy, next thing there's pictures of their effin m8's stood in them holding fish splatted all over facebook ffs...never again!

sam vimes

Reaction score
I suspect that, for a genuine member and regular contributor of the forum, a discrete PM to members in the general area you wish to visit would be far more productive. I'll happily garnish the genuine with as much information and help as I can. However, I wont do it in public for all and sundry. There are far too many information harvesters out there that give nothing back. That's before you get to those with dubious intentions.

mikench

Reaction score
Same here, it's taken me years to find some quiet spots and I want them to stay that way.
In the past i've showed a few cracking banker swims to people I thought were trustworthy, next thing there's pictures of their effin m8's stood in them holding fish splatted all over facebook ffs...never again!

You know you can trust me Iain!:rolleyes:;)

robcourt82

Reaction score
I can understand why people like to keep their favourite spots quiet but its a shame as there is so much space on the rivers and canals and hardly anyone fishes them. There's miles of the Thames that's free to fish its just access that's awkward.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

There's also miles of canal around Hemel Hempstead and you'd be really unlucky to see a bailiff. There's loads of fish in the canal of all sizes.