The new like and thanks buttons

mikench

Reaction score
What say you all to the above? We need a Binka post to really test them out ! Even a photo of the latest magnificent floats will prove the likes button works!;)

B

binka

I'm still trying to work it all out Mike!

One thing's for sure I don't like the 'Dislike' button and won't be using it but it's perilously close to the others for someone as clumsy as myself :D

I've just posted some floats in another thread but here's a couple of different pictures of two sets I've made during my recent down time...

413515122.jpg

413515125.jpg

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Have to admit i much prefere the old way .

As Binka has said the dislike button is way too close to the like button if you are going to have a dislike button then the opposite side of the screen is the best place cant frell up then ..

PG ...

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I much preferred things as they were. I've not knowingly disliked anything but I have received 1 x dislike only I can't find out who it was or what it was for.

I reckon it was that burrow dwelling Lout and all this " I ain't got the buttons" nonsense he's been spinning is fake news !

B

binka

A bit of an aside I suppose but on the old system there was the option to unlike a post, surely it would be logical to have this on the new along with an un-dislike?

Then again the whole thing looks cluttered as it is to me, three buttons becoming six in order to undo each action is hardly going to improve on that.

I could forgive everything if the magic paperclip appeared and we were able to directly upload images instead of having to faff about as we do, I'm assuming all this change is heading towards that but...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm still trying to work it all out Mike!

One thing's for sure I don't like the 'Dislike' button and won't be using it but it's perilously close to the others for someone as clumsy as myself :D

I've just posted some floats in another thread but here's a couple of different pictures of two sets I've made during my recent down time...

413515122.jpg

413515125.jpg

Very, very nice, crackin job Ste!

If you have too many I can send my address over for re-homing purposes :wh.

thecrow

Reaction score
Much prefer the old system of just a like button I don't like the idea of a dislike button and if someone cant be bothered to thank a member for information they have asked for don't give them any in the future.

sagalout

Reaction score
It weren't me Skippy, although if ever I get some buttons I shall be handing out more dislikes than you can shake a big stick at!

Have I mentioned that I don't have like, dislike or thanks buttons?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing to remember is that once "clicked" on the dislike button then you cannot "unclick" it, and it is very close to the "Like" button too.

Personally I'd be happy to see the back of it . . . .

no-one in particular

Reaction score
"Whatever you post I love you, always have."

Changed my mind lets have one button.:)

Well, isn't there enough dislike going on all around us at the moment, you could maybe put a "I disagree" button but then that would demand explanations. Dislike is a bit too much in your face. The "thank you for the post" is OK, why not, its a convenient way of thanking someone for a bit of information.

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
Skippy, I can't because I don't have like, dislike or thanks buttons, have I mentioned that?

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

I would have liked to have liked that Mark but I don't have like, dislike or thanks buttons, have I mentioned that?

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Now on any properly developed software the text for like, dislike and thanks would be admin controlled data so the text and thus the meaning of the buttons could be changed at will by the forum admin team, so we should have a poll for the most wanted three buttons.

I still think "complete bollox" is the most needed!

Of course I don't have like, dislike or thanks buttons, have I mentioned that?

mikench

Reaction score
Do I detect the first signs of memory loss Mr Lout?;) don't forget you offered me your Hardy rods half price!:rolleyes:

Being able to upload photos direct should be the one and only priority for the techies on this forum. I always struggle!:)

Philip

Reaction score
Thanks button - NO THANKS!

I already hit it once by accident...its pointless. Whats next a "your welcome" button ?

rayner

Reaction score
It weren't me Skippy, although if ever I get some buttons I shall be handing out more dislikes than you can shake a big stick at!

Have I mentioned that I don't have like, dislike or thanks buttons?

Perhaps you can't be trusted like the rest of us :beer:

---------- Post added at 03:12 ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 ----------

I'm indifferent to the thanks and dislike buttons,
Thinking about it only the like button is needed.
If I ever press thanks or dislike both will be errors, I would only ever press like.
If I don't like a post I would say why, not hide behind a button.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who has the final word on these new buttons? If the majority of regular posters wish to see them gone, can we then have that please?

john step

Reaction score
True as already mentioned. You cannot unclick if you make a mistake.
I clicked a like and wasn't sure if it went so I clicked it again.
I got "you don't have authority to ".
As much in your face as the dislike button.

Perhaps the techies are from another less polite place?

If we are going down that route how about " Have a nice day" "How you all":wh:wh:wh:wh

Nice floats by the way Bink. Too good to sully in the river.

cassey

Reaction score
Much prefer the old system of just a like button I don't like the idea of a dislike button and if someone cant be bothered to thank a member for information they have asked for don't give them any in the future.

Got to agree. AND if you dislike a post you can always man up and reply to the post in question.