Nash Abbreviated 10 foot 2.75 lb Rod

chrissh

Reaction score
I won a Nash Dwarf Abbreviated 10 foot 2.75 lb in a raffle at the weekend
Have any of you have one of these or used one… I wanted to put my shimano 4000 x aero on this rod BUT the foot on the reel is too short by 3-4mm for the reel seat and moves about even when the locking screw is tightened to the maximum… also do you know what the rod line rating is and can you recommend a reel for it. i was think of using 10-12lb line
I only go to carp lake 3-4 times a year so looking to spend £40-£70 on a reel. I have seen theses Nash BP-6 Fast Drag Reel… what is a fast drag?

mikench

Reaction score
Cannot help you Chris but another vote for the Emcast reel in your circumstances!

robtherake

Reaction score
In answer to your question, a fast drag is one that can be applied quickly. If it's a front drag model, one quick turn takes it from free spool to fighting strength. A rear drag reel will have an easily accessible lever mounted in front of the drag knob which allows adjustments to be made with a quick flick of the thumb. Either can be used as a baitrunner, given a bit of practice with the settings.

Good little rods, those - I have the 10 foot 2.25s, which are just the job for small/medium venues. Also a 3lb six-footer, which is a bit of an animal.

chrissh

Reaction score
After speaking to Kevin Nash this morning about the reel seat on the Nash Abbreviated rod there is a problem with reel not fitting the rods mainly shimano reels ... its the case of either packing out 3mm or 4mm the seat so the the locking screw will tighten down on the reel foot or buy a new reel that has a bigger foot.

i`m of to the tackle shop to look at the Nash BP-6 Black Fast Drag Reel and the Emcast reel

robtherake

Reaction score
After speaking to Kevin Nash this morning about the reel seat on the Nash Abbreviated rod there is a problem with reel not fitting the rods mainly shimano reels ... its the case of either packing out 3mm or 4mm the seat so the the locking screw will tighten down on the reel foot or buy a new reel that has a bigger foot.

i`m of to the tackle shop to look at the Nash BP-6 Black Fast Drag Reel and the Emcast reel

It might be worth bearing in mind, if you later decide to splash out on one of Nash's dedicated rod bags, that they're designed to fit a mini-big pit reel like the BP series.

chrissh

Reaction score
It might be worth bearing in mind, if you later decide to splash out on one of Nash's dedicated rod bags, that they're designed to fit a mini-big pit reel like the BP series.

Funny you should say that … I ended up buying the BP 6 reel / line and the rod bag