Open letter to forum runners.

dicky123

Reaction score
I love this forum, in fact it's the only one I log onto most days. But, and it's a big but can no-one sort of the mailing of pictures once and for all?

It seems such a shame when most of us take a snap of our captures, but cannot post them easily? Is it so difficult to arrange something? I feel I know most people like friend, and I'd love to see what they're doing fishing wise.

Maybe someone could explain why, I cannot simply post a picture from my home computer? Not a post to argue over, thats not may aim, just answers please?

Thanks guys.

Rich.

thecrow

Reaction score
I know next to nothing about computers but I do know that other very much smaller forums than this have the facility you asked about.

Any chance this is something that will be sorted out in the near future? or even one of the techies coming here to explain why this place hasn't got the facility would be a start I wont be holding my breath though after the experiences I have had when reporting problems before.

sheffields12

Reaction score
It will all depend on the hosting package the Admin uses.

E.g.
Space available
bandwidth etc.

it's a feature built into the forum software, however each picture we upload will use up space on the server. if they have limited space this may be why it was disabled.

B

binka

I share your frustration Rich, as I'm sure many others do.

I've never had problems posting images in the past but now Photobucket have shut down free hosting it's down to others and I've already been shut out of Tinypic and have sizing issues with the host I'm currently using, I say currently as I've little doubt they will shut me out too given time.

It really needs sorting, I assumed these changes with the like/thanks/dislike buttons were all part of an improved forum software package and that image uploads will come but it's all guesswork as we get no dialogue.

dicky123

Reaction score
Are so it's down to that age old problem all us men have, SIZE or lack of it:wh

Come on you computer guys help us out?:D

iain t

Reaction score
Am still using Photobucket and they don't charge me. Or should that be yet?. When did they start charging?. A few of the other forums am on, i can just down load pictures from my computer. A hell of a lot easier

rich66

Reaction score
I use Tapatalk app so that seems to do the pictures just fine

38dc51fe4f6fd4734630a453b5d32031.jpg

Looking at the link they must host for you

fishplate42

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I agree that a simple image posting facility would be the best solutions but with that not forthcoming, the next best thing is to sort it out ourselves. It is not that hard once you understand what needs to happen to get an image to appear.

I am sure it has all been covered here before but if anyone needs any help, please ask and I will try and help if I can.

Resizing is not an issue here, as the board's software with automatically size the image (if it is too big) to 780px wide. Clicking on the image will show it at original size, however, sometimes that does not seem to work.

Storage is a problem but we can't expect everything for free. Limited storage can be had free of charge but it is just that, limited. Photobucket has lowered the threshold and introduced a charge that seems to be very high. I have an unlimited Flikr Pro Account, that costs me $24.99 per year - under £20.00 even at today's exchange rate. That equates to around one packet of hooks per month.
Posting images is easy. It is like anything in this world, you just have to know how. As I have already said, if you need any help, please ask, I will help if I can. Adding pictures to posts make them far more interesting!

Hmmm... Having said that I had better add a picture. Here is a picture...

[/FONT]
35650802852_77f84dbca4_c.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
Ralph
[/FONT]

thecrow

Reaction score
For some its not about picture posting as some have found ways to do it but others cannot and as this was something that was going to be sorted out I have to ask why it hasn't?

It just seems to me that members are being ignored, no one has come on here to explain why this hasn't been sorted out or if it is still in the pipeline to be sorted I don't think that's to much to ask, I am sure if it was it would get more members involved in posting therefore increasing the forums footfall which must be a good thing for the owners.................. how about it owners/techies?

fishplate42

Reaction score
I must admit, I am surprised no 'official' representative of the board seems to have got involved with this, or any of the other similar threads, that have appeared over the past week or so.

At least not that I have seen.

Ralph.

B

binka

I must admit, I am surprised no 'official' representative of the board seems to have got involved with this, or any of the other similar threads, that have appeared over the past week or so.

At least not that I have seen.

Ralph.

I think this was the last I saw of any admin/tech notification regarding images but there's no mention of the provision to upload images directly to FM, I had it in my head that there would be but I may have been mistaken...

Sorry guys I've been fishing in Scotland. :)

I think this is caused by moving to a secure website https://

It is time to upgrade the software but believe me this will give you something to gripe about :) - so hold on to your hats!

I shall start this process from next Monday - so do please expect disruption. I also suggest you take a copy of any photographs you have in any galleries on here. I would move them to photobucket or similar anyway actually. That way you control your own personal image library and its destiny. And can show the images on here easily.

Meanwhile, try using this:

https://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/albums.html

Let me know if you cant upload things into here?

Cheers

Colin

PS. Woody - nice to see you back.

Obviously the Photobucket information is now out of date and some clarity on what we can expect in terms of image uploading would be good.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I think we should ask for our money back. We obviously aren't getting the service we've paid for.;):wh

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
phil-heaton-albums-phils-pics-picture4731-imgp0350.jpg

The technology is already here...
Go to control panel
Open pictures and albums
Create an album
Upload photos from your device

Your photo will now display a box with the HTTP code, copy it.
Go into Forums, either start a new thread or reply to an existing one, click 'Insert Image' and paste the saved HTTP code between the URL brackets and hey presto photo as above.

greenie62

Reaction score
Thanks Phil,
The Album feature seems to have changed slightly from previous incarnations - it used to be problematic - to put it mildly:eek:

Biggest problem seems to be that you can only upload 3 piccies at a time via the Browse button - no features for mass upload - or transfer from hosting sites?

Trying it out:
greenie62-albums-fishpix-picture4734-img-1362-a.jpg

- seems to work OK:cool:

B

binka

The technology is already here...
Go to control panel
Open pictures and albums
Create an album
Upload photos from your device

Hallelujah...

binka-albums-test-picture4736-pretbarb.jpg

Praise be and thank you kind Sir, this never worked for me in the past :cool:

theartist

Reaction score
theartist-albums-my-gallery-2nd-attempt-picture4737-aberbechan-2014-1-a.jpg
[/IMG]

Blimey it works although something has changed as before I had to shrink my pics before they got accepted into my album whereas this one went straight in. Fairplay if someone upstairs made the tweaks to do so.

Wait till I catch Sherman the Gudgeon again, now where's that camera :D