New seatbox

caelan

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a seat box for my feeder fishing as a first buy any one on here have any advice what to look out for not going to spend a over £200 on this first one been looking on plenty of web sites an large tackle outlets

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It has been a while since I last looked up the prices of seat boxes and am more than a little surprised having now done so.

Before checking I'd have thought there was a lot of choice around £200 but . . . seemingly there is not.

Under the £50 price you have the Diawa or Shakespeare plastic boxes which while very basic are nonetheless good value but do not have leg levelling devices . . . . .

Then there is a leap up to £149 for the Daiwa 50 seat box or £179 for the Maver signature.

At this price you get telescopic feet so making for simple levelling and a mixture of side and front drawers although they look more suited for pole fishing in all honesty.

There may well be others on the market but that was the total of my search, and to be honest I was rather disappointed.

In that price range I think I would be tempted to look at the second hand market as there must be better options available. Personally I'd be looing at the Preston range as all their accessories will fit their boxes and the quality Iisvery good, even second hand.

PS: just took a look on E Bay and this one looked good to me as it is the same seat box that I have:

Fishing seat box | eBay

john step

Reaction score
Being a tight wad I have just bought another Shaky type plastic job to replace the old one which lasted about 15 yrs of occasional use.
It was from TFG about £30 plus I think.

It was identical so the Octoplus tele legs just transferred over with no problem.

mikench

Reaction score
I know nothing about seatboxes and will never have one! I recall a YouTube vid on , I think an Avanti model which seemed relatively cheap and was favourably reviewed! Have a look it may be what your are after!:)

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
I no nothing about seatboxes and will never have one! I recall a YouTube vid on , I think an Avanti model which seemed relatively cheap and was favourably reviewed! Have a look it may be what your are after!:)

I find they are a better sitting position for float fishing than a chair. Also there is another HUGE advantage to them whilst waiting for a bite......................................................................................................................I dont doze off when using one:eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
I have trouble sleeping in a comfortable bed John so a seat box or chair has no chance of inducing slumber!;)

trotter2

Reaction score
I have never used a box for years. I use a chair or if traveling light a little stool that folds flat does the job for me .

fishplate42

Reaction score
Peter mentioned eBay and I will second that. That X6 looks like a great buy, but it is probably too far away to make it practical. I bought my Preston X3 box along with a few useful fittings and some tackle in the drawers. It cost me £80 and I am still happy with it now.

The catch 22 here is that most are listed collection only, so you need to find one that is not too far away. My one was listed for collection from the East End of London, half an hour's drive (in the evening!) from where I live.

Ralph.

robcourt82

Reaction score
If it is just for feeder fishing, you don't need drawers and drawers of bits and bobs I would definitely look at the Maver signature venue. It's like an old style canal stool, packs away into a carry bag, comes with a side tray and an outrigger arm that you can easily attach a rod rest too. 175 ish I've seen them for on line and I was impressed when I saw one in the flesh.