Tackle clear out

steve2

Reaction score
At last I am going to try and have a bit of a tackle clear out. Can any one recommend a parcel service for sending rods? Also what is meant by the height of a tube I know the length and width but how do you measure the height?
Parcelforce is the only one so far that I have found that will carry long tubes.

chrissh

Reaction score
Height of a tube is the width (L1.5cm-W10cm-H10cm) … I have used collect plus & yodel to send rods and have had rods delivered by Hermes

a tube being a diameter will have equal sides width & height

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a very poor experience using Parcelforce so to be honest will never use them again.

They failed to collect on time and gave a string of nonsense excuses over a 9 days period (albeit from 23-Dec) and when the rod was finally delivered it had been damaged. The resultant claim took ages . . . but was eventually settled.

If I ever sell off a rod again I'll either deliver it myself or have it sold on collection only.

B

binka

I used Parcelforce twice earlier in the year, they got the job done and were reliable in my case but they are expensive.

£31 in the last instance :eek:

In light of Peter's post it might be worth giving them a miss altogether though.

rich66

Reaction score
From my eBay days it's a limited choice of couriers but most won't compensate for damage to rods so hard cardboard tubes are a must. But at least if you ship you usually get more or higher bids on the eBay route.
Shiply.com are worth looking at.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've used parcel force and have been lucky on the majority of times. As Steve says they are expensive but I think they all are!
I have had rods delivered to me by UPS and they seemed to handle them with much more care. I spoke to one driver who said they have to look after their deliveries or they get in serious trouble and I did notice he wouldn't rest it on the floor stating that he isn't allowed to. Their vans look nice and clean both inside and out which gives you a little more confidence in them.
I use royal mail and parcel force if possible because at least they insure your gear, most others won't insure or cover fishing tackle so it's like Russian rulet every time you post something off :eek:mg:.