Blogging on FM...

fishplate42

Reaction score
There is a very underused section of FM, and that is the Blogs area. In the past I have used it to post pointers to my regular fishing blog that is hosted elsewhere. Today I decided to try and use it as a place to waffle about stuff that has a fishing theme but does not 'fit' on my 'diary' style blog. It will only work is people join in and have a bit waffle too. I am not planning on posting lots of pictures, just lots of words. Having said that I am sure the odd image might get sneaked in under the wire if required...

I have made my first new FM blog HERE. Come and join in - if you can find the time...

Ralph

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I must be a bit thick Ralph, you'll have to explain the advantages of putting stuff in this blog section.

What you have just written about your health and fitness combined with fishing would create as much if not more interest on the general board surely?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
What you have just written about your health and fitness combined with fishing would create as much if not more interest on the general board surely?

In my experience here over several years the blog section has never really been too widely used, compared to the forums that is . . . .

fishplate42

Reaction score
I must be a bit thick Ralph, you'll have to explain the advantages of putting stuff in this blog section.

Maybe, but I just thought I would try and get a section of the site a little more used by posting stuff that is really on the edge of the general board's remit. It seems a shame that there is blog section that isn't waffled at. If anyone want to pick up anything I say on the FM blog by all means post it in the general forum - or anywhere else for that matter.

As it is a blog it can move off topic and develop into something else without going against the spirit of a forum post.

Ralph.

mikench

Reaction score
Having read your blog and responded to it, I feel it has as much relevance within the "general fishing" banner as anything else I have read!;)

fishplate42

Reaction score
Having read your blog and responded to it, I feel it has as much relevance within the "general fishing" banner as anything else I have read!;)

I suppose so (Thanks for the reply!), I was just trying to give some life to a dead part of the site... Maybe there are parts of this board I (we) should just let die and waffle on here instead :eek:mg:

Ralph :D

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose so, I was just trying to give some life to a dead part of the site... Maybe there are parts of this board I (we) should just let die and waffle on here instead

Ralph

A lot really depends on the individual reasons that members have for spending their time here.

The majority seem to prefer the interaction of a forum environment over the more indirect format of the Blog section.

Being of 'a certain age', I tend to view the Blog entries rather in the same way as peeking into someone else's diary . . . .

But, hey, that's just my view . . . . .

mikench

Reaction score
Keep up your normal posts Ralph ; they are well thought out, interesting and well received!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's all about being lazy for me, I just click on new posts which is bookmarked on my ipad, having to execute the process of hitting a second button may have a detrimental effect on my health and fitness.

However, the idea of deviation without shackles and the wrath from above is quite appealing I must say.:)

thecrow

Reaction score
Well I haven't looked in on it yet but being a nosey sort I will do now ;)

I do receive your normal blog in my e mail Ralph is this a different thing ?

fishplate42

Reaction score
I do receive your normal blog in my e mail Ralph is this a different thing ?

Yes, well it was going to be, but I think the overwhelming opinion is it is probably not worth the effort...

...I was just trying to make use of the FM blogging area.

No worries, I will just post my waffle on the General forum as usual. You can always tell me to clear off if you get fed up with it :(

Ralph ;)

thecrow

Reaction score
Yes, well it was going to be, but I think the overwhelming opinion is it is probably not worth the effort...

...I was just trying to make use of the FM blogging area.

No worries, I will just post my waffle on the General forum as usual. You can always tell me to clear off if you get fed up with it :(

Ralph ;)

Take no notice of the luddites on here, believe it or not some wont even change their line to Sensor when its obvious that its the correct thing to do :)

sagalout

Reaction score
When the techies deem it time to give me like, dislike and thanks buttons can I also have a "clear of Ralph" button? :D

sagalout

Reaction score
:) << This is my new like button.
:( << Dislike button
:w << p!ssed again button

Last edited:

The bad one

Reaction score
As it is a blog it can move off topic and develop into something else without going against the spirit of a forum post.

Ralph.
Ha Ha Ha! Not quite getting this site yet then Ralph really? :D Never know a thread on here in 20+ years stay on topic most wander more than Wildebeest on the Serengeti Plain. With the Mods running after them waving a red hanky to try to keep them on track :D:D

mikench

Reaction score
Given time those Wildebeest come back on track!:) indeed they follow the same cycle/track year after year!:rolleyes: