Hello all

Lapua65

Reaction score
Hello. I'm back into fishing from a short break of 26 years. I am amazed at the changes that there has been. The new fangled "drop shot" and braided line. I think when I stopped, Shimano baitrunners were the rage and huge long rods of fibreglass were the main stock in the shops.

I am trying to get back into it and enjoying myself so far, only been twice and on both occasions no luck. I'm not too worried as I have patience, but trying to keep my 12 year old interested is a bit hard. I have only really got light spinning rods and gear but may have to move over to float fishing to try and get some action. Was thinking about getting a match type rod and tackle
I am not really interested in the multi rod cast and wait for huge carp, my main interest is predator fishing. The good thing is, 26 years ago money was very tight, now I should be able (within reason) to buy what I need.
I live in Tewkesbury and have joined both my son and myself to the Birmingham Anglers so I have access to lots of water.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back. You certainly will have a great choice of venues with the BAA.
Don't forget to post on here your results and failures...all interesting. There is a dedicated thread called HOW DID YOU GET ON.
Best of luck.

thecrow

Reaction score
Welcome to FM, its great to see yet another returnee and one that has his son involved as well we need all the younger anglers we can get, I look forward to you getting involved in the forum you certainly have plenty of water to go at where you are located :)