One for the tackle tarts.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've no problem with gear getting into that state. I can't think of a good excuse for me to leave it like that for longer than is absolutely necessary though. And if you think I'm bad, I haven't resorted to cleaning gear before it goes into the car, for the journey home, just yet.;):D:wh

slaphead

Reaction score
I reckon a bit of bream slime here and there would secure a Turner prize nomination. ;)

ken more

Reaction score
Is that a small tube of Mitchell Lube? If it is, it takes me right back to the Seventies:):eek:mg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And if you think I'm bad, I haven't resorted to cleaning gear before it goes into the car, for the journey home, just yet.;):D:wh

Now who'd do that, some people are just too much FFS :wh.

I only do that with my trotting outfits, saves me doin it when I get home :D. I hate getting home and having to faff about cleaning fishing gear. It's bad enough having to put the maggots in the fridge, I like getting home and feeding my face until I get a pain in my left collar bone area :cool:.

Funny enough I never really clean my FS reels and they never seem to get dirty enough to require cleaning. If they do a quick wipe with a wet one and they're sorted.

bracket

Reaction score
Mick. Looks like my gear on a good day. Nowt wrong with bream slime. A good dollop of it on the back side of your Levis guarantees a clear space at the bar. I should know. Pete.

flightliner

Reaction score
Pete, I enjoyed many a day on the Witham and other fenland venues back in the day and Bream slime was almost a badge of honour, even on the seat of your pants. It was anything that looked like a streak of seagull poo on your rear end that kept folk at arms length.:)

iain t

Reaction score
Look like the condition of reels i see at boot sales. But saying that if it works why clean the protection of the slime

maurice walsh

Reaction score
thats about the state of my coarse gear for most of the year:D easily sorted with a rub of a baby wipe at the end of the season, or a tap of a hammer if the crust of GB gets to a cm or more thick:wh:D

flightliner

Reaction score
Just given the reels a good clean and an intimate scrub with a toothbrush before a lick of silicone from a shoeshine sponge.
Must say the difference is startling but can't help feeling it's similar to a well crusted teapot or frying pan been given the same treatment that renders them less effective.:D