My new chair

seth49

Reaction score

Treated myself to this today, new korum deluxe chair, and wheel kit, just assembled it and loaded it with what I normally take carp and silver fishing, on the Stillwater I go to, hold-all over shoulder and good to go.

It will fit in my focus a lot better than a barrow and separate chair, and mick is getting the same outfit as well, so all our gear should fit in a lot better, might even be able to see out of the rear screen.
Birthday present to myself?

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
Nice chair.

But why do you take pot plants with you when fishing for silvers?

I can understand it if you're going 'carpin' - everything including the kitchen sink has to go. But silvers? :confused:

mikench

Reaction score
Seth you deserve it! I have that same kit except my chair is not the deluxe version! I have yet to use it;)

seth49

Reaction score
Nice chair.

But why do you take pot plants with you when fishing for silvers?

I can understand it if you're going 'carpin' - everything including the kitchen sink has to go. But silvers? :confused:

The plants stay in the garden, were I took the photo today.?

Philip

Reaction score
Nice one.

I do like things that become other things, as it basically means you only have to carry one thing instead of two.

If that makes sense :D

nottskev

Reaction score
I like the chair, especially the way it doubles as a trolley. I can never fish from a chair, so I need a box that I can add wheels, handles etc without it becoming too heavy or bulky to move, and this one fits the bill quite well.

Octbox_006.jpg

Octbox_004.jpg

Octbox_007.jpg

Sorry the grass is such a disgrace, but these guys in the back garden have something to do with it

rojpics_673.jpg

shane99

Reaction score
They are called snuffle holes - really. The badgers are looking for worms, maybe train them to put them in a bait box ?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I wish somebody would bring out a universal wheel kit for those of us who don't own gizmo chairs. I'd have one like a shot but I'll be damned if I'll buy another chair just so I can convert it to a wheely job......and try as I might I just don't find those Korum chairs comfortable and to buy an uncomfortable chair is kind of missing the point.

seth49

Reaction score
That’s why I went for the de luxe chair, the legs extend longer than the normal chair, and the back rest is taller and adjustable, I’m over six feet tall and need the extra height, and it’s very important to set the chair up level, if you don’t I find that can give me back ache.

When I saw the chair and wheels being used by a chap on the fishery I’m a member of, I noticed he had glued a small spirit level on the side and length of his chair frame, he said it made it a lot easier to set up, might do the same, I know some of the seat boxes have these as standard.

One good thing,they supply four circular inserts for the adaptors, that allow you to fit attachments, so I don’t need to buy new ones, for the ones I already have, did find I needed to remove the bottom lip of these inserts to get a good fit. Used a belt sander for this.looking forward to trying it out, when I am better from this chest infection I’ve picked up.

seth49

Reaction score
Well first day out with new chair and wheel kit, well impressed, easyier to assemble than my carp barrow, and a lot easier to push as well, the peg I picked today, was a good two hundred yards from the car park, got there no problem through some mud, and over some uneven ground,

Coming back it’s uphill, only stopped once to catch my breath, so that’s good too, the chair is very comfortable , I like the high back as well, it keeps the wind of your neck,

Very pleased with this,should keep me fishing for a long while yet,?

seth49

Reaction score
Haven’t used a twin wheel setup, so not sure, it’s certainly a lot more stable than the barrow I used before, due a lot I think,because it’s lower to the floor, the barrow tipped on its side, if the ground was not level, so it’s lower and wider between the two rear legs, which all helps, and there’s a degree of flex in the handles and wheel, which makes it feel like it’s got some suspension, it certainly felt very stable when I was using it.
Can thoroughly recommend it.
Very comfortable to,I nearly fell asleep after my sandwiches at lunchtime.