floating micros

hawb811

Reaction score
having trouble with dampened micros still floating, bought some sonubaits pellet oil, do you add it after you have dampened the micros or before

Reaction score
How long are you wetting them for,I use sonubaits 2mm pellets and soak them for 2 minutes 15 seconds(precisely:))and don't have an issue.

hawb811

Reaction score
I'm only just having this problem, been using them for years, the length of time depends on the water temperature, in warmer water they take it on quicker

Reaction score
Do them the night before and put them in a sealed tub in the fridge overnight,give that a try,it may be you have a bad batch.

rayner

Reaction score
As whitty says soak them the night before.
With micros I cover with water, drain it off straight away then give them a squirt of rapeseed oil.
Any oil will do.
I don't put oil on to make them sink, the oil is to stop them drying out.

With oil water is not needed, the oil in this case prevents the pellet breaking too quickly.
Just depends how you want the pellet to work.

Last edited:

iain t

Reaction score
I always soak mine for 1 minute per MM. I mix liquids with water before adding the pellet.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Pellet oil can be used on any dry pellets ideal and will make them sink but if wetting to use on a feeder or to make small balls I just wet them.

Copens pellets is what I use , half fill a bait tub with pellets and slowly fill with water so the water is same legal as pellets not above as this is too much . Leave to stand for half hour ish and this should be ready to use . Add a sprinkle of horlics if not binding enough .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hawb811

Reaction score
they are coppens, they are for the method, I didn't realise they were floating until I discarded the leftovers, I also squeeze them into a ball and catapult them out for the waggler so they do need to be wet, if I was pole fishing I would just put the oil on