The ULTIMATE tackle carrier

W

Wolfman Woody

I saw this tackle buggy today - fantastic!/members/images/6812/Gallery/John-Deere-Gator-4x4.jpg

Unfortunately, only the likes of the very rich (and Peter Jacobs) can afford one.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
" saw this tackle buggy today - fantastic!"

Looks good to me, but would that nice Mr. Raison allow them at GV?

If so, then, I'm in for one.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Looks like a John Deere to me.

I only jokingly said to a customer that I could do with a ride on to get me about your grounds more quickly. The following week, there was one waiting for me. All I have to do now is to find somthing appart from me flask and butties to put in the trailer.

W

Wolfman Woody

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed) wrote (see)<blockquote class=quote>I'll sell me Mondeo for one. Pity it's not a single seater.</blockquote>

Ah, but you see, Wobbly, chaps like Peter who can afford one will also take a skivvy with him to load an unload it (usually Mark Wintle who's either daft or needs the money). Now normally, he'd make the skivvy run behind, but with the speed that thing gets up to he'd only have to wait at his peg whilst said lad caught up. That would waste valuable fishing time and so the spare passenger seat.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Yes Baz, it is a John Deere Gator.

You can always get this if you can't run to the full model.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
" . . . will also take a skivvy with him to load an unload it . . . "

Don't be silly Jeff, the spare seat would be for the tailor's dummy, dressed appropriately, so that I can use the H.O.V. tow-path on the rivers to get to the chosen swim quicker.
(well, it worked in Houston)

And please don't insult the 'bait wallah' - he is a nice man, a very nice man, a very, very nice man, indeed.

PS, do you think I could convince the syndicate committee to install remote controlled gates to the field fences?

BOF39

Reaction score
They are a bit small when used for carrying the old carp kit.

Ok for throwing the odd rake or spade in, or even a collapsed golfer or two. But at 3ft by 4ft the load carrying area is a bit naff for rods.

BOF

BOF39

Reaction score
Only 9mpg and getting it down the track behind the bivvy, without hitting all the trees, or going into 8ft of water is a bit of a big ask./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

BOF /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif