What food do you take now it getting colder?

chrissh

Reaction score
What do you take to eat on the bank, hot or cold for me this time of year my stove comes out for the hot coffee, chocolate, soups, bangers or bacon, tin of curry, all day breakfast in a tin, toasted sandwich

associatedmatt

Reaction score
What do you take to eat on the bank, hot or cold for me this time of year my stove comes out for the hot coffee, chocolate, soups, bangers or bacon, tin of curry, all day breakfast in a tin, toasted sandwich
Still take a typical pack lunch as I prefer to travel light I hate going out with the need of a barrow , when I start on the rivers will have breakfast before go and take a sandwich and perhaps cake but most important is the flask

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rayner

Reaction score
I take nothing but water, coffee when it starts to turn cold. when it gets cold I may take a small flask with Bovril and a flask of coffee.
I never take any food, last time I took food was in the 80s. A cooked breakfast before I set off lasts me all day.

You get down a lot of food for a slim chap Chris.

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
The usual energy bar plus sandwiches plus coffee plus drinking chocolate and an apple.

I could't for the life of me go with just a drink like some others have said here.
I get a dizzy lack of sugar feeling without grub.

Been checked out. All OK but just run out of fuel quickly.:eek:High meta.. something or other.

mikench

Reaction score
A flask of good black coffee and a butty is all I need! I can then dream of a nice evening meal and a glass or two of wine whilst waiting for those pesky tench to take my bait!:rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Depends on how long i'm going for, if it's a just the usual few hours a bottle of water is sufficient. I go fishing to fish, not to stuff my face, I can do that anytime. By the time i've finished fishing i've worked up a proper appetite and enjoy my tea when I get home.
If I was travelling a distance and spending a full day somewhere then I might take a small stove to warm or cook something on and to make a brew.
I often see great big fatties sitting behind their rods and constantly stuffing their faces with no end of junk food...no wonder they're fatties :eek:mg:.
In between the junk food a lot of them have a cigg then return to the face stuffing, then they go home and have their tea :w.

The bad one

Reaction score
Depends on how long i'm going for, if it's a just the usual few hours a bottle of water is sufficient. I go fishing to fish, not to stuff my face, I can do that anytime. By the time i've finished fishing i've worked up a proper appetite and enjoy my tea when I get home.
If I was travelling a distance and spending a full day somewhere then I might take a small stove to warm or cook something on and to make a brew.
I often see great big fatties sitting behind their rods and constantly stuffing their faces with no end of junk food...no wonder they're fatties :eek:mg:.
In between the junk food a lot of them have a cigg then return to the face stuffing, then they go home and have their tea :w.
And I know just who you are referring too as well :D:D:D:D:D

seth49

Reaction score
Sandwiches summer or winter, plus a few biscuits, the only thing I change is I take a flask of hot water and coffee etc , for a hot brew in winter, in summer I just take a bottle of squash, normally vimto.

edsurf

Reaction score
Are you fishing or on a picnic

Philip

Reaction score
Usually nothing nowadays as its short sessions but occasionally I take a Malt loaf which I eat like a giant mars bar with a cup of tea.

I recon Porridge for brekkie & pasta for din dins is a good healthy option for the session angler plus easy to prepare and not much to clean up after.

Philip

Reaction score
Wasnt Ribena the favourite bankside drink for none other than Eddie Turner ?